I found this interesting

polara71

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
http://www.motorcarportfolio.com/product.php?id=4823

Whenever I come across a 69 to 71 polara or Monaco I collect the photos and vehicle information. The 1969 Dodge Polara Wagon in the link shows just over 75,000 miles on the odometer. Yet in 2005 when the car was in Michigan it had 107,200 miles on it....and now they want a lot more for it. :eusa_naughty:

Copy of 1969 dodge polara wagon odometer.jpg

Copy of 1969 dodge polara wagon rear.jpg

Nice looking car. I've got a 69 Monaco convertible & I think this is the 1st 69 wagon I've ever seen

The 69 Monaco and Polara wagons show up every now and then at shows like Spring Fling in California, and the Chrysler show at Carlisle, but most of us in the US have never seen a 69 Monaco convertible. Monaco convertibles were only made for the Canadian market and were not available in the US. Thats got to be a super rare convertible you've got.

People have been rolling back odometers for longer than most of us have been alive. Unless I personally know the car I never give much thought to the mileage. Condition is what it's all about. You can tell so much by looking at the drivers area (seat, carpet, steering wheel, etc) and under the hood. I get a kick out of seeing ebay cars with "low original miles" and everything clearly looks like it's a plus 100k car.

Those big C body wagons are really starting to grown on me. Now I just need more garage space!

I was looking at this car as my dad expressed interest in it. But its a bit hard to bargain knowing the true mileage and the dealer probably isnt aware, its been five years.

when the od numbers don't line up like that it is usually vindictive of a roll back.

I have found a few really low mileage cars. Few years ago, I bought a 76 Cordoba with 24K original miles. the worked in the same town he lived in. thats as far as he ever drove it, fuel pump went out and he parked it. The car I have right now, is a 76 Newport with 43K miles on it. Old lady owned it and she died and willed it to her grandson, he takes it and scraps it, I bought it out of the junkyard.

Low mileage isn't in question. It is the difference of mileage over several years.............it now has less?

Back