I need assistance finding parts for a 1965 Dodge Monaco

Texican6

Reaction score
I was told this is a 'C' body. Please let me know if this is not correct.

I am having the car painted the original color and the painter told me that the previous person who painted the car broke off the trim hardware and hot glued it back on the body. I need a source to replace that hardware. Any suggestions on where I should look? These are the clips for the trim. Thanks. Ray

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Yes you have a C-body but you better post up some pics so we can check it out.
Try this guy for your parts needs...
www.cbodies.com

X2 on what Mr fix it said. Pix of the trim piece AND PIC of one of the clips if you can. We all love the big bargez but we're not alwayz familiar wth the nitty gritty trim and fine stuff if we don't personally have that horse in our stable. OH YEAH. Welcome to the best site and greatest bunch of car Guyz 'n Galz on the planet, Jer

If you plan on keeping the car...the first thing you need is FSM (Factory Service Manual and a Parts Manual. These can be found all over EBay or you can get a CD from the link listed below. Makes it a lot easier to find parts when you have the part number.

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/

There's all kinds of trim on the 65 Monaco, which pieces are you having issues with? I may have some of it depending on which it is.
Mike

Wow! You guys are the best!! I will try to get some pictures of the pieces I am looking for later today and post them. I will also check out the links. Thank you so much for the help. This is the first time I have owned a vintage car and I am looking forward to driving it around. I will also try to locate some before pictures. Thanks again and I will post progess photos too. I am hoping it will be finished in a couple of weeks.

He is talking about the "clips" on the under side of the upper trim that runs along the top of the fenders,doors,and quarters. The trim is a bear to get off without breaking at least some of them. No repos and as far as I know no NOS either. These clips were tack welded to the underside at the factory. If you have the clips a reputable shop should be able to "weld" them back on. If they are missing, you will have to track down used trim and remove the clips for your trim....unless the other trim is in better shape. There is also a small "V" shaped piece that attaches to these clips and it gets inserted into the holes on the body and then the trim gets pulled and locked in place. I have a box of these "V" shaped parts for my cars but have not seen any since about 6 years ago. Welcome to the world of "65 Monacos. Still tracking parts down for my 4 speed car and it ain't easy. Good luck. trim.JPG

trim.JPG

OK. I was able to get some photos. Unfortunately the camera battery was low so a couple of pictures are fuzzy but they should be good enough. These are for the chrome trim that runs from the front fender all the way to the tail I need 36 of them. Thanks again for the help.
DSC_0499.jpgDSC_0501.jpgDSC_0503.jpgDSC_0504.jpgDSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg

DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg

X2 on what Mr fix it said. Pix of the trim piece AND PIC of one of the clips if you can. We all love the big bargez but we're not alwayz familiar wth the nitty gritty trim and fine stuff if we don't personally have that horse in our stable. OH YEAH. Welcome to the best site and greatest bunch of car Guyz 'n Galz on the planet, Jer
Thank you. I am happy I found this website.

If you plan on keeping the car...the first thing you need is FSM (Factory Service Manual and a Parts Manual. These can be found all over EBay or you can get a CD from the link listed below. Makes it a lot easier to find parts when you have the part number.

http://www.autobooksbishko.com/

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered them. They will be a great time saver!

Back