I think I just bought this...

Glad you got it running......
ows2k.jpg

Well if you happen to acquire one for parts? PLEASE!!! let us know.. guess how needs some parts?? Lol.. thx. And congrats on the score..

Congrats on it firing up. Now does it move and ..... stop!
No brakes. I just borrowed a distributor out of a buddies truck real quick and splashed some gas down the carb.,,enough to hear it run for a few seconds.

Not in the right color... but @BLIMP
I've got a complete set from a Formal. Not really sure if I want to sell them, but l'd almost consider them too nice for my daily driver. Drove 12 hours to pick them up, and with what I paid for them, I'd have to get $450 to break even. They are currently installed in my 73 Imperial. Can provide lots of pics if seriously interested. Possible to meet up somewhere. In fact I'm driving to Kentucky next week.
20180524_082209_001.jpg
20180524_150705.jpg

Those don't look bad in your 73. Probably the most comfortable seat ever produced.

I've got a complete set from a Formal. Not really sure if I want to sell them, but l'd almost consider them too nice for my daily driver. Drove 12 hours to pick them up, and with what I paid for them, I'd have to get $450 to break even. They are currently installed in my 73 Imperial. Can provide lots of pics if seriously interested. Possible to meet up somewhere. In fact I'm driving to Kentucky next week.View attachment 257732 View attachment 257733
SON IF A *****!!!!! I wish they were White.....:(

Just wondering.. just in case a set pops up.. are 2Dr and 4dr Formal seat sets the same?? Thx
You could check the parts manual to see if the back seat is the same... the fronts would be different numbers, because the seat back tilts forward on a 2 door. I'm guessing they could fit and function fine though.

^^ I believe they would still fit into the floor brackets the only diff is the lever to tilt the front forward. And those are nice leather wish they were dk. blue!

You could check the parts manual to see if the back seat is the same... the fronts would be different numbers, because the seat back tilts forward on a 2 door. I'm guessing they could fit and function fine though.
Ah! Forgot about the Tilt function..

A little follow up on this car... while it no longer belongs to me, its still in my possession. The current owner (a buddy of mine) who is as slow about getting stuff done as I dont know what, hadn’t touched it. I couldn’t stand it any longer. I went through the carb yesterday and ordered a new distributor. The dizzy came in this morning and I put it all together. After the usual tuning and tweaking, she runs decent, shifts, drives and will stop itself. No smoke or noise, but I suspect the timing chain is mighty worn.
The old fellow who owned it before did some crazy stuff under the hood that defied explanation! But, now she lives breathes, and moves again.
One more thing: both damn wipers work!

A little follow up on this car... while it no longer belongs to me, its still in my possession. The current owner (a buddy of mine) who is as slow about getting stuff done as I dont know what, hadn’t touched it. I couldn’t stand it any longer. I went through the carb yesterday and ordered a new distributor. The dizzy came in this morning and I put it all together. After the usual tuning and tweaking, she runs decent, shifts, drives and will stop itself. No smoke or noise, but I suspect the timing chain is mighty worn.
The old fellow who owned it before did some crazy stuff under the hood that defied explanation! But, now she lives breathes, and moves again.
One more thing: both damn wipers work!

Flipper!

Oh, I’ll flip one in a heartbeat. This one? I bought it for $150 and sold it for $150 after spending half a day dragging it out of its would be grave.
The work and parts that have been put on it since? All on me. If I like you, I’ll do anything for you. Hell, I’ll do a lot if I don’t like you and you need help.

Back