Imperial R.I.P.

Honest?, greedy and stupid may be more appropriate terms.

I would not go that far unless the car was untouched from the pics and he would not sell it or any part at all. Some of these people pay up to $2000 for the cars. So maybe there would be a lot of tire kickers then also. The moral of the story is to routinely search for cars of interest, do your research and know when to pounce on the car of your choice. Don't wait for someone to post it here or send you a email because it might be already gone.

I would not go that far unless the car was untouched from the pics and he would not sell it or any part at all. Some of these people pay up to $2000 for the cars. So maybe there would be a lot of tire kickers then also. The moral of the story is to routinely search for cars of interest, do your research and know when to pounce on the car of your choice. Don't wait for someone to post it here or send you a email because it might be already gone.
We don't know how much he paid for the car, but I doubt he'd make a loss after selling the parts, plus any potential winnings from the derby activities, surely he'd have to make a buck. If he does not profit then he's stupid for putting in all that effort just for the 'fun' factor and doubly stupid for wrecking yet another Imperial.

The Imp will live on as its parts get dispersed onto other cars needing them.

He is smart enough to recognize the value and rarity of the parts and offer them up instead of throwing them out or damaging them beyond re-use.

Once the car is derbied,the front stub can be re-used underneath another car.
Kinda cheat a bit by stuffing the Imp stub under say a Fury,LOL!
Saw that done where the Imps are banned but other C bodies were allowed.
Just an observation..I do not support derbying C bodies but they do very well in that field of motorsport--if you can call the killings that.
To each their own..

Wow.A Chrysler grave yard.Never seen so many Imps. in one place.I would at least remove the bumpers and store.Any interiors that are left,take them out.More 440,s removed for other restorations or conversions.Those bumpers are so important.Chroming is very,very expensive.B.B

Bottom decker in the yard. Hard to get pics.
20190921_131305.jpg
20190921_131140.jpg

That’s got to be a bit wider than my 72
It looks like the bumper surrounds the the edge of those fender corners what ever proper name of those are. What a rear bumper! I’ve been paying too much attention to the front ends.

Being paranoid,if i had an Imperial,heh,I would have a set of all the glass the car needs,rear bumper and a complete bumper grille set.No insurance would cover trying to repair an old car with no parts lines radily available.At least i don,t think there is.B.B

Some of those look like good project candidates.When i did have a car one of the mistakes i made was not transferring my repaired 440 into a proper bodied car.I bought a 400 equipped nyb gold metallic, gold crushed velour interior.Body was excellent.Instead of a transplant i took all the chrome plus the bumpers and 4 doors and put them on my original car.Just a big mistake.One of those cars could be a very good shell dojor for all the other parts.Wish i had done that when i had a chance.B.B

Posted for parts on Facebook 06/01/2020 in Massilon OH.

It´s a sunroof car ! Must have been gorgeous back in 72

170271985664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=3b2858&_nc_ohc=35jI1INCMtsAX9z1vAL&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg

898894274560_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=p8r-SvRfd2QAX-u53jw&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg

325511876608_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=EvGrbmEllVAAX_MXWUf&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg

482729644032_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=CtxiGTgRX1MAX_Oickw&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg

560045940736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=kYDryvP5v0QAX_EEyL3&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg

596558872576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=6tVQ0AKkmWwAX-VQsPO&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg

471949238272_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=KQ0r68jD_xwAX8skTR-&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg

337752289280_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=843cd7&_nc_ohc=CAHCHXqYYhcAX9JR1Wu&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg

I don't think so:D What I've learned so far is that these cars don't share many parts with the Chrysler models so if you need parts you basically need an Imp as a donor. I'll leave this one to an expert but I'm afraid it won't remain a complete car

Back