Imperial Rotors

The_Eagles’_Nest

Reaction score
I was looking for parts to redo the front brakes on my Imperial. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything that fits that is specifically for a Mopar.

I have found in my research that a 1972 Buick LeSabre is the same on paper as a 1972 Imperial as far as brake rotors go. I plan on using pads and calipers that are Imperial parts but I want to make sure that I have a plan B if I can’t get the rotors cut.

Thank you.

Good afternoon,

You may check Murray Park he may have rotors, used or new.
Plus, you may try National Moparts, they are in Canada. Or, there is a member on this site that goes by Mobile Parts (I believe). If I am wrong, please someone correct me.
Original Imperial rotors are hard to find because of the bolt pattern and the hub that is bolted to the rotor on some models. Also, be ready to let go of some cash when you find them.

Good afternoon,

You may check Murray Park he may have rotors, used or new.
Plus, you may try National Moparts, they are in Canada. Or, there is a member on this site that goes by Mobile Parts (I believe). If I am wrong, please someone correct me.
Original Imperial rotors are hard to find because of the bolt pattern and the hub that is bolted to the rotor on some models. Also, be ready to let go of some cash when you find them.
Better give Craig some time to hopefully get back on his feet.
Craig (Mobileparts)

Oh man, I had no idea he suffered through all of that!
I am glad you let me know Matt. Yes, definitely he just needs to concentrate on recovering and taking care of himself. Then, going after whomever was responsible.

1972 Buick rotors and 1972 Imperial rotors have the same bolt pattern?? Better verify that, for good measure!

Those "big car" Buick rotors probably also fit similar Oldsmobiles and such, too.

They are both 1.25” thick but the Buick is 11.86” in diameter vs 11.75” for the Imperial. They are both 5-5” bolt pattern and use the same Timken bearings.

I actually saw an Imperial with Buick wheels so they must fit.

There are 5x5 and 5x4.75 Buick/GM wheels, fwiw.

I will order one and check it out. It’s like a 68-69 Charger where rotors are not available but they are for a Buick GS that has the same brakes.

45EF1276-AF41-45FF-BD15-613E9E47C09E.png

Again, different bolt circles . . . how do you propose to get around that with the Charger/Buick GS situation?

The Imperial and LeSabre are the same bolt circle. The Charger and GS I believe the recommendation was to resize the bolt circle.

They are both 1.25” thick but the Buick is 11.86” in diameter vs 11.75” for the Imperial. They are both 5-5” bolt pattern and use the same Timken bearings.

I actually saw an Imperial with Buick wheels so they must fit.
That is a good find with a mere .055" difference in diameter.
I'm interested to see how the Buick hub positions the rotor within the Chrysler caliper.
Great experiment!
:thumbsup:

I’m thinking if the calipers don’t go over I will try to get the diameter milled down with a lathe. Thankfully, I know someone who can help.

I am not on my feet yet, but I do have this tablet
( Matt --- yours won't work yet --- I keep getting told
" invalid pass word " .... I will call my cell phone store after the weekend.... )

I, unfortunately , do not have the 1972 Imperial Rotor --- I had that one pair about 5 years ago, but they are sold.....
I haven't found even one since.....

I do have plenty of those N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pads --- inexpensive.....

We will all be curious to hear about any " ( same ) " Rotor ..... Believe the definitive answer, sadly, is absolutely
Nothing........

Yours, Craig......

P.S. ----
I D O Have the 1966 - 1969 Charger / Coronet Front Disc Brake Rotors...... And N.O.S. *** Asbestos *** Brake Pass for the same application......,
Yours, Craig.......

I was looking for parts to redo the front brakes on my Imperial. I have looked everywhere and cannot find anything that fits that is specifically for a Mopar.

I have found in my research that a 1972 Buick LeSabre is the same on paper as a 1972 Imperial as far as brake rotors go. I plan on using pads and calipers that are Imperial parts but I want to make sure that I have a plan B if I can’t get the rotors cut.

Thank you.
Watching

Thank you.

The

Thank you.
The early rotors on c body and imperial are same, physically.
1.c body thru 72 use a2 and a6 bearings.
2. Imperial late 69 thru 72 use a3 and a5…same as d200 truck
3. We remove small bearings and machine for imperials
4. We have done this for over 10 years. About 50 sets
5. Videos on subject…this is how we have provided imperial
Factory pin caliper disc kits kits
6. The 66 and down use giant 5on 5.5”….9/16 x18 studs
Truck stuff. This is just doable…videos on subject,doing client now.
7. The 67 up use 5x5” this is easier.
8. So in summary we have imperial factory rotors for imperial spindles…factor pin caliper set up…since 2010
9. All we do….the client never change wheels….
Our motto… no wheel change EVER, OR WE WILL NOT DO….

The

The early rotors on c body and imperial are same, physically.
1.c body thru 72 use a2 and a6 bearings.
2. Imperial late 69 thru 72 use a3 and a5…same as d200 truck
3. We remove small bearings and machine for imperials
4. We have done this for over 10 years. About 50 sets
5. Videos on subject…this is how we have provided imperial
Factory pin caliper disc kits kits
6. The 66 and down use giant 5on 5.5”….9/16 x18 studs
Truck stuff. This is just doable…videos on subject,doing client now.
7. The 67 up use 5x5” this is easier.
8. So in summary we have imperial factory rotors for imperial spindles…factor pin caliper set up…since 2010
9. All we do….the client never change wheels….
Our motto… no wheel change EVER, OR WE WILL NOT DO….
Thanks for the explanation, very helpful.

Back