Intake manifold removal

Okay, the rotor does move slightly and returns but not what I'd call "snaps back". I also can't get anything moving when I suck on the tube, maybe I don have the capacity for it though! Will post back shortly.

I don't know who Stuart is but yah that would be cool.

Very cool place we have car shows at and hang out and talk cars all day and eat.! It's and old drive up fast food place.

Stew.jpg

tuckerton2.jpg

Alright, I got the distributor out and the plate out to get to the screws. There was a little black three pronged piece of black metal under the plate and when I took it off it crumbled into three pieces! So I'm ordering a distributor from napa, will be here tomorrow. Will post back with an update.

BTW - Stewarts is great! Would love to make that trip one time when she is back running healthy!

Alright, I got the distributor out and the plate out to get to the screws. There was a little black three pronged piece of black metal under the plate and when I took it off it crumbled into three pieces! So I'm ordering a distributor from napa, will be here tomorrow. Will post back with an update.

BTW - Stewarts is great! Would love to make that trip one time when she is back running healthy!

guess it was time to change it out..

Stewarts Root Beer, there is one in Vineland, NJ and I think one up near Cherry Hill, NJ. I suspect there must be a third that I don't know about.

Stewarts Root Beer, there is one in Vineland, NJ and I think one up near Cherry Hill, NJ. I suspect there must be a third that I don't know about.

Must be fate.
I used to live in Vineland. ON

I googled the name.
Thete are many of the Stuart drive in's

Alright, new distributor is in and timing set at 10 BTC. I revved her up and she settled back down as expected. Killed the engine and made sure everything was tightened down correctly and then rechecked and she is staying where she belongs and runs MUCH better. There is still an audible vacuum leak coming from I suspect the carburetor. I think my best bet is to pull the carb off and take it apart to replace all the gaskets. They don't look that old but I'm sure that means nothing. I'm hoping my wheels and tires are ready today so I can do a good test drive safely. The wheels are old and scary right now!

Thanks again for all the help and support along the way, hopefully this gets me through the summer as I am hoping to pull and rebuild or upgrade to a 360 but I just got the car in February so I would like to enjoy her one good season before putting her up on blocks!

Pick up a new carb to intake manifold gasket while you're at it

I did replace this gasket while I had the manifold off in hopes that's where the problem lies. Thanks for the tip though. Do you think I can reuse this gasket since I just installed it or is a gasket no good to reuse once installed?

Sure you can reuse it. Are you sure the vac leak is coming from the carb? What's the engine RPMs at idle?

Sure you can reuse it. Are you sure the vac leak is coming from the carb? What's the engine RPMs at idle?

I am not sure what the rpm is because I don't have a tach, which did indeed make it a crap shoot setting the timing. It's on my list of things to get though, a handheld tach.

Will get the tach and adjust according to FSM and report back.

Also, thanks for letting me know about the gasket.

Tired of wrenching all week so I jumped in and drove up to Collingswood, NJ to get supplies to brew some beer. Little did I realize they were having a car show today in downtown! I think there may have been 6-8 Mopar's, all very nice. Not a single C body from what I could tell.

She drove great but still idles a bit rough. Plenty of power on the highway though, and smooth as butter with the new wheels and tires!

I will post back with an update when I have one.

Back