Interior "chrome" restoration

GJS

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was wondering what the general thought was on this.

When I had my first Monaco, (a 1968 model) the interior chrome details on the door panels and plastic grill components had started to peel and/or fade. I'd always meant to fix that up but got rid of it before I ever got to.

I'm looking at a vehicle now that has the same issues and while it's not high on the priority list, it's the only one I've never worked on. Have any of you all attempted to fix this? What did you do?

Thanks!

If it's chrome plated plastic i get it replated. I'd just paint it silver/chrome beforeusing the foil. BMF is great for model cars but i doubt it would wear too well on real cars.

Whoa nelly..The mother lode. Thanks, Carmine. That's awesome!

I went back and caught up on that thread, unfortunately it looks like the newest post is from 2013. You might want to try surfing around the HAMB for something more recent.

I went back and caught up on that thread, unfortunately it looks like the newest post is from 2013. You might want to try surfing around the HAMB for something more recent.
I'll definately keep up there.
I also worked for a long time in a sign supply shop and have been thinking up some of my own concoctions based on products from that industry.. looks like it's time for good ole R&D!

Back