Interior paint colors

darth_linux

Reaction score
Hoping to ID this color. 66 Chrysler, tag code is L7R “red” but I think this might be “Aztec Red” or something. It’s the same as what’s on the dash. Not terrible, but has some rust and PO “stuff.” Anyone know the name and a source? Thank you!

PS This is the rear window trim.

IMG_2670.jpeg

The interior code on the data tag is not a paint code, it is more an option code.
Low
(Type) I don't have my code book with me to know what 7 is. Bench/Bucket etc.
Red

You then need the list that indicates which red is used for which parts.

Alan

If you look in the body section of your FSM, there's a listing of interior and exterior paints with a Ditzler code.

One issue is the downloadable FSM from MyMopar is missing this section (many FSMs are missing complete sections on that site). There is a '66 Dodge FSM that isn't missing the section, and should be close.

For me, there is only one source to definitely try first:

Herb's Parts: HERBS PARTS INTERIOR PAINT, Interior Paint, PAINT

If they have the color available for your vehicle, it will surely be a good match. They are a subsidiary of AMS Obsolete and have a good reputation in supplying accurate colors. I almost always am able to find a correct color for my cars.

Thanks to the tip from @Big_John i found the paint color in the 66 Dodge Coronet FSM. It’s Bolero Red Metallic in gloss and satin. Ditzler calls it Medium Red. Gonna check out Herbs Parts to see if they have it. Thanks all!

Last edited:
For what it is worth. I recently painted my rear package tray for my 65 Monaco with #1183. This appears to be close to what you currently have on the rear window trim.

20230716_202446.jpg

For what it is worth. I recently painted my rear package tray for my 65 Monaco with #1183. This appears to be close to what you currently have on the rear window trim.

View attachment 613069
Thank you. I emailed Herbs two weeks ago, but no reply. I wish I could figure it out. My interior is definitely more “wine” than “red.”

Back