Introduction of 340Dave

340Dave

Reaction score
Hello all from Atlantic Canada!!
I have been enjoying reading all of the banter on FCBO since I joined, seems like my kind of place
Over the years I've let a lot of A and C body cars slip thru my fingers, and with the exception of owning an older Ram Cummins truck and a Grand Caravan, there hasn't been a cool Mopar project hanging around my garage for awhile
That changed a short time ago with an estate sale purchase of a 69 Fury Sport Convertible project. I'd been seeing it on a local classic car site for quite some time when the owner was first sick....seemed a little too expensive for what it was , so I didn't bother to make the 4 hour trip to see it
Wasn't on the site for months and just happened on it one day and bam there it was at 1/3 of original price....owner had passed and the widow wanted it gone
So needless to say I bought it sight unseen - for better or worse couldn't help myself
It is typical of a car in this part of the world, soft around the edges but hey it still exists and I love what it was and may be again someday
Thanks for having me
Dave
here she is - warts and all

fury n1.JPG
fury 10.jpe
fury 10.jpe
image8.JPG

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

I heard 340 mentioned...need pics.
the 340 thing has stuck to me since I bought my first dart swinger in the late seventies, this car was an original 318, but has a 71 340 sitting in place....fuel line not hooked up and wrong rad
not pretty to look at but interestingly has painted Offenhauser alum intake
I'll post when I have a shot of it

the 340 thing has stuck to me since I bought my first dart swinger in the late seventies, this car was an original 318, but has a 71 340 sitting in place....fuel line not hooked up and wrong rad
not pretty to look at but interestingly has painted Offenhauser alum intake
I'll post when I have a shot of it
you had a 340 swinger....i alreafy love ya lol Welcome aborad.
Here is a pic of my Dads...what it looked like 25 years ago.

20150912_200331.jpg

:welcome: from Ontario. By saving another one you are certainly a welcome addition to this board. The car is a beauty that may need some work but hey that's the fun part. You will find lots of expertise on this board.

:welcome: from Ontario. By saving another one you are certainly a welcome addition to this board. The car is a beauty that may need some work but hey that's the fun part. You will find lots of expertise on this board.
Thanks, lived in southern Ontario for years, moved to Nova Scotia 8 years ago
most of my Mopar street menace years were up there...bought a beauty high option 70 340 4spd Swinger from a guy in Burlington years ago...not far from you

Love Darts! My brother had 2 69's decades ago. A Swinger with a 340 and GTS that had a transplanted 440. Both 4 speed cars. We put a Dana 60 in the GTS.

Love Darts! My brother had 2 69's decades ago. A Swinger with a 340 and GTS that had a transplanted 440. Both 4 speed cars. We put a Dana 60 in the GTS.

Awesome, had lots of fast 340 cars, but the most brutal to keep between the ditches car I had was a 70 Duster 340 4spd car that I put a serious 440 in, capped fenderwell headers and all- high lite of my fun years- oh and a 18' sidewinder jet boat with a 427 in it when I needed to just go fishing
duster.jpe

I heard 340 mentioned...need pics.
looks kinda sad sitting there, but it turns over on the key....at least it's not stuck, when I get time to pull it I'll get a closer look at what I've got beyond what I can see from the outside..340-5 casting, J-heads, offy intake... not 100 % sure on carb

340 in fury.jpe

not sure why pic flips when I upload it lol... I'll get this technology thing one day- maybe

Back