It say a clone but did they make them ?

I'd like to thank Airstream to get us talking cop car stuff.

< Sent from my tablet >
glad to help. and i have fund this interesting.

As i have said befor this is the 4th 4 door i have seen. 1 brown 1 white 1 yellow (same as my car) and this cop clone also all new yorkers. all 440ci. and 2 coupes 1 black 440ci new yorker 1 yellow 360ci newport both my.
Another ? is a 4 door and 4 door hardtop the same in the formals ? if not what is the differce ?

Seems to have been a shift in the debate, as the original question was if it was a factory police car.

The ad says it is a period correct clone...

If there was a factory police package the data plate would reflect so, if not the title itself, not just an engine code.

I had a factory Police car and there was no guess work about it...

I have found sources, starting with a '66 service manual that show the 2nd digit in the VIN would be a "K" for "Police" ... Other sources show the same designation through '77.

They may carry the same code for additional years on either end, but with my research so far, '66 -'77 are easily varified by just a glance at the VIN tag... Mmm K...

0204_1_DI.jpg

Copy of IMG_0778.jpg

Copy of IMG_0778.jpg

0204_1_DI.jpg

Last edited:
Another ? is a 4 door and 4 door hardtop the same in the formals ? if not what is the differce ?

This is a 4 door sedan with a B piller post and frames around the door windows.

9jksgn.jpg

and this is the hardtop with no B piller and frameless windows.

16ii5w5.jpg

This particular hardtop has the optional vent windows.

Last edited:
The sedans don't have any window/door seal problems compared to the hardtops which the roof rail seals are impossible to find.

Back