It's Over

mdh157

Reaction score
My search, that is..........5 line tag plus road wheels, excellent orig dash pad

white fender tag.jpgfrt left.jpgdash pad.jpgdash.jpgrt lwr qtr.jpg

white fender tag.jpg

frt left.jpg

dash pad.jpg

dash.jpg

rt lwr qtr.jpg

Last edited:
note how tightly the conv top fits against the windows. the trunk floor still has some orig paint on it, the underside is mainly rust-free and the factory insulation is still sitting on top of the backside on the intake...........

rt side 1.jpgrt side.jpgtrunk.jpgflr.jpgrear manifold.jpg

rt side 1.jpg

rt side.jpg

trunk.jpg

flr.jpg

rear manifold.jpg

And a million thanks to Matt for not only going to look at the car but taking a bunch of pics and basically going over it with a fine toothed comb, but he will also be getting the car from the owner and storing it for me until the transport gets there to pick it up. Matt lives very close to the seller, and it worked out very well for me on this transaction.

Let me be the first one to congratulate. :eek:ccasion14:

Last edited:
No A/C???
engue.gif

LOL!! Congratulations!! And it's almost 5:00. Cheers.
vil-triinque.gif

Here's some friends for ya.

20jh7gl.jpg

Last edited:
How come I didn't know anything about this....lol!

I may be grabbing it later tonite for you Mark and I'll get some pics of it here.

btw, it was my pleasure!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.........yes, it's a driver but for a MI car it's whole life, it has been kept well. Note that somebody sprayed some sort of grease, etc in the door jamb........great job keeping it from rusting away. Not perfect, but a car I can be proud of and enjoy driving w/o worrying if the kids have their feet on the seats, etc.

No, no AC Stan, prob the highest optioned 70 Polara rag that does not have AC.........but no worries, AC is useless with the top down and all it amounts to is more work trying to keep it running, plus the compressor is a power drag, IMO.

And the added V-twin under the hood is not at all visually appealing IMO.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.........yes, it's a driver but for a MI car it's whole life, it has been kept well. Note that somebody sprayed some sort of grease, etc in the door jamb........QUOTE]

Once took a look at an old car originally owned by a forester. He filled the car*s closed sections literally up with chain saw oil, real mess but practically rust free after three decades. However dents all over the car, from bad driving. "Typical 80 plus retiree's car.

And it is believed that the top on it is original. it is in the same cond it was when the current owner got the car and is the original type material. The car has stayed in the Detroit area it's whole life but has been garaged. It was ordered new by the current owners grandfather who worked for Chrysler in some administrative position.

Congrats Mark!! Happy to see you finally found one! That car is in unbelievable shape for a MI car its whole life. Look forward to many pictures. Good luck picking it up tonight Matt! Wish I were back home, maybe I coulda tagged along!

WELLLLL, I guess we know what Matt iz driving to the Packard Groundz on Sunday, AR AR AR. Don't worry Mike, I'll do my best to watch 'em AND your new ride. Congratz Man, a Stunning Drop Top! I can just picture you out in your driveway on your kneez waxing the lug nutz on those Fine Rally Wheelz. Do you know how rare it iz to find a cancer free ride in this town? You did know that Motown sitz on ah salt mine that streaches under lake Erie all the way to Cleveland and beyond didn't you? Jer

Awesome car, Mark. Congratultions! A 440 convertible! And a '70 too, the correct year! What are the colors? I can't really tell.

How did you find this one? For all the ads that get posted, I don't recall ever seeing this one.

wait a minute Jer.........it's not completely cancer free......Matt has seen it up close, he can bark out a percentage of rust free if he wants.

Perhaps if Motown is sitting on a salt mine they can sell some of it to dig themselves out of the huge hole they dug themselves into.

Awesome car, Mark. Congratultions! A 440 convertible! And a '70 too, the correct year! What are the colors? I can't really tell.

How did you find this one? For all the ads that get posted, I don't recall ever seeing this one.

It was brought to my attention by a car friend of mine, he found it online. it is wht/wht top and blk interior.

I figured Dave would be in to congratulate me, but I guess he doesn't care about 1970 polara 440 convertibles. :-(

Back