Just Brought- 1965 300L 4 Speed

The old one or new one? I realize it's closed now but I was told it had moved in the 70s

The next time you are in the local antique store please keep an eye out for a license plate frame from there for me. I will be eternally grateful.

I was told they had moved from a local guy.....not sure

The next time you are in the local antique store please keep an eye out for a license plate frame from there for me. I will be eternally grateful.

I was told they had moved from a local guy.....not sure
I will. I do look for mopar dealership items but you don't see much of anything from Suburban.

Wow! That 65 is outstanding. The colors, the styling, and it's got a 4 speed! Classy, classy, classy. 1 of 96 doesn't hurt either. Congratulations on a very nice score. (And the 66 300 you sold wasn't too bad either!)

After selling my 66 300 to a fellow member of C bodies, I picked up the car that was the reason for selling the 66. It's been sitting in a heated garage for 36 years. She has 55,000 original miles with all original paint and interior. When the original owner brought it new he traded in a 62 300H, He had the dealer install dual quads, dual mirrors on the fenders (which I took off) and dual antennas in the rear. He had that all done before he took delivery of it. Now the fun begins to get her ready for the road again. View attachment 72007 View attachment 72008 View attachment 72009 View attachment 72010
AWESOME RIDE MATE!!!!!!!!!!

I pulled in the driveway this afternoon and I could see that the tires were here already. I didn't expect them till at least Monday.

I pulled the tires and wheels today. found two interesting things out. First on the right rear drum their are three retaining clips still on the brake drum. They don't look like they have been removed and reinstalled on the studs. Most people cut them off.
IMG_1662.JPG
IMG_1663.JPG
IMG_1665.JPG
I'm going to say that drum has never been off the car. The second thing is that their is two different size width wheels. If I'm measuring in the right place which is outside lip to outside lip their are two 6" and two 7". I think someone was messing with the wheels because I wouldn't think the factory would have messed up like that.

You would have to work hard to get the clips off and then put them back on without damage. Back in the old days we would just use a set of side cutters and cut them off.

I pulled the gas tank off to be cleaned and repaired. What a mess... The gas that was left in the tank looked like dark coffee. It's at the repair shop now. I'm also starting to get all of my parts together to start the rebirth.

Back