Just Brought- 1965 300L 4 Speed

Damn I'm sorry I'm so late to the party! That is an awesome car! Maybe sometime I could come down from Wellsboro and see it in person.
Personally, I like the mirrors on the fenders, you get a lot better view and they are a conversation piece. I had them on my 61 Seneca, 58 Belvidere, 60 Desoto and on my 72 MGB , which I still have. I'd leave them imho.
Can't wait to see more pics! Congratulations!

From tedenkler:
"Beautiful console! restored? console body new from ABC? The only issue Bob had repopping these consoles and lids was he didn't have the 2 holes for L emblem to mount to the lid. Not a problem, though, just drill andcover with emblem.
There was a discussion on L console finishes in 300 club INTL. Also issue with different swirl pattern with dash repops too. They did repop L dash applique to update/renew. They are not that expensive and made stronger, but missing tabs to mount. I think you must use adhesive. My info is old though. I asked to repop J K L cloisenne emblems but was told too expensive! too bad. They are needed! I sold several! stupid me! I have 2 good J emblems i'd trade for some L emblems"

Just so it's easier to read. :)
VERY nice console BTW.

Thanks! Yes, restored original.

Well The 300 isn't going to make Carlisle this year. I have had too much on my plate and it just not going to be finished. I am finishing up on rebuilding an engine for a good friend of mine. It's a flathead 6 in a 47 Plymouth. He was also taking it to Carlisle. A few weeks ago he was having trouble seeing and was taken to the hospital. They found a large tumor in the right side of his brain. Since then he had brain surgery to remove the jello type tumor which is cancer. He is home healing up then they will get the plan to attack it. In the mean time he ask me to take his 47 Plymouth to Carlisle since I have done so much work to it. Game plan now is to get it ready and take it down. I just wish he could be with me...

Sorry to hear that, I hope your friend recovers 100%. Next year take both cars.
Take lots of pictures for him.

You do all the right things, be the best person you can be, and life still throws you a bean ball.
Sorry about your good friend.

I believe in living in the now more than ever. It may be age it may be seeing friends and family disappear but in either case I don't put off till tomorrow the big stuff the bucket list stuff because tomorrow may never come. Good on you for helping your friend. His journey is just starting with this and knowing you are there to help fullfill his bucket list will mean a lot!

I don't know I missed this thread before but nice car, I wish your friend the best of luck, I hope you get his car finished in time.

I'm Going to make sure it's ready. I have been nursing a herniated disc which flared up about two months ago. Just got a steroid shot on Friday. I'm hoping it relieves some of the pain.

That's awful news about your friend, sorry to hear. I pray for a full and speedy recovery.

Well The 300 isn't going to make Carlisle this year. I have had too much on my plate and it just not going to be finished. I am finishing up on rebuilding an engine for a good friend of mine. It's a flathead 6 in a 47 Plymouth. He was also taking it to Carlisle. A few weeks ago he was having trouble seeing and was taken to the hospital. They found a large tumor in the right side of his brain. Since then he had brain surgery to remove the jello type tumor which is cancer. He is home healing up then they will get the plan to attack it. In the mean time he ask me to take his 47 Plymouth to Carlisle since I have done so much work to it. Game plan now is to get it ready and take it down. I just wish he could be with me...

Very sorry to hear about your friend's health issues. Also, you are a stand up guy to move ahead with getting his dream to fruition. We will be looking for you at Carlisle.

I know this isn't c-body related but here is a few pictures of the 47 Plymouth.

IMG_3594.JPG

P1820932.JPG

IMG_6242[1].JPG

IMG_2368.JPG

I did get it running on Thursday. This picture is before I had to replace radiator. From it being open to the air the core rotted and leaked everywhere.

IMG_2537.JPG

Nice find

how does that hook up and work? straight to carb linkage? How does it not conflict with gas pedal?
It is as you imagined.
Basically a choke cable run to the carb linkage.
Pull, twist the knob to lock it and, yes, interfere with the foot pedal.

I got rid of that whole mess. I removed the choke plate from the rear carburetor, Then made a rod to hook the front carburetor to the automatic choke themostat.

Congratulations! What a beautiful car. What size is the motor?
You'll do what you'll do with those mirrors-- my two cents is absolutely keep them mounted as they were when originally delivered! That to me is a special/historical feature of the car.. and I think they look great. If it was a Hemi GTX I might say no, but this car wears them beautifully.

Sorry for the resurrection..
Does anyone know if this guy ever said what rear-end was in the car!?!?
The question was asked but couldn't be answered for some reason. Bad knees?

It's actually a good resurrection, I'd love to hear of the progress on this car.
@66300 - any news?

As for the rearend, it should be a standard 8-3/4" in this car.
The Dana 31 was only available in C-bodies in 67-68, and then only behind 440 + 4-speed.
So that Dana was essentially tied to the 375hp engine + 4-speed, as with B and E bodies, which got the Dana 60 (presumably as they'd be abused more).
No 375hp engines before 67, and no 4-speeds after 68 (I'm speaking only of C-bodies).

Back