Just did a new spray job on my '69 Fury.....be nice :)

Catfish,
Sorry but I'm a nosy guy so I went through your photo album.
You are one amazing guy!!!

Catfish,
Sorry but I'm a nosy guy so I went through your photo album.
You are one amazing guy!!!

Not sure if that is tongue in cheek or not. If it is and you are referring to my prior Demolition derby days, thats in the past. I wrecked some stuff. Still have some stuff to wreck, but my back is bad. If it wasn't tongue in cheek, well thanks I guess.

Nope. I was was looking at your trips, your collections, your cars....
Maybe not amazing amazing but more like amazing amount of interests you have.
Plus I'm a cat lover....

Nope. I was was looking at your trips, your collections, your cars....
Maybe not amazing amazing but more like amazing amount of interests you have.
Plus I'm a cat lover....

Yeah, I have to many collections. Wife hates it. Collected the antique marbles since I was young. Fishing lure collection started when I inherieted my grandfathers stuff. Snowmobiles are a passion of mine. I grew up in Wyoming about 50 miles from the entrance to Yellowstone National Park. Living in Eastern Montana is a challenge for me. I miss the mountains daily.

Just going by the "before" pics, you would never know that all of the described defects existed (which means you can't buy a car from a photo alone, not that you did). It doesn't look bad from that distance. I can remember the late '70's when everybody, it seemed, was putting "side pipes" on their cars including everything from '71 Cougars to full-size four door '69 Chevy's. Ah, the good old days! :laughing4: I like what you did. It looks real nice.

I just realized I never responded to the question about the wheel size. The rims are Summit Legend 5 wheels 17X8. I believe the tires I have on it are 225 55 R17....that is if I'm remembering correctly lol.

Got the car more or less back together.....still have alot of work to do....but I just couldn't take it anymore. It was finally getting to be nice outside around here and I NEEDED to drive it lol. So here are some pics of it as it is now. Still have to wet sand and buff.....but from 50 or so feet it looks great! LOL

20130529_164728-1.jpg

20130529_164746-1.jpg

20130529_164916.jpg

20130529_164905.jpg

20130526_122310.jpg

I like the silver and grey or is it silver and green? Front drivers fender top looks green in that first pic but top color looks grey everywhere else.

What paint color is that and where is it from? Custom or ??

The colors are gray metallic on top, silver metallic on bottom, and forest moss green for the stripe that separates them. I wanted some kind of a green somewhere to tie in the green seats. Due to my limited....I mean VERY limited budget....all paint was purchased from Summit. It is all Summit brand and came in their single stage kits. The spray gun was a Summit brand as well. 20130512_230406.jpg

20130512_230406.jpg

Looks great actually .. Sport-iest 4 door 69 Fury I think I've ever seen :) Thanks for the info .. I love grey!

That did turn out great, nice job! Enjoy it!!!

I have to agree, it looks great. Problem here in Australia, the vast majority of cars (especially newer ones) seem to be either grey, silver, white or black. Makes for a depressingly uniform sea of traffic on out roads. I was actually looking at buying the 2013 Chrysler SRT8 which is a relatively good price here for what you get, yet 80% are only available in white, the rest either black or silver! I actually like that cherry color, but for some reason it's too "risky" (some nonsence about re-sale value) for our dealers to import.

You're kidding?

We have the same problem here, any parking lot with the same mundane colors

Being close to the French border I often look at their ads for German cars of the 60s-70s as prices are usually a bit lower, however the vast majority is 4dr. sedans in white, their domestic brands often even came only as 4drs.

It has become at least somewhat popular to put an easily removable foil over the original paint on newer cars mostly, which comes in a variety of gloss or flat hues for changing the color. Way cheaper than a paintjob and reversible when resale day comes.

Detail2.jpg

Detail2.jpg

Last edited:
HOw much to have a car put in different color shrink wrap? We have a lot of cars around here completely covered with advertising, never thought about a monotone job. Although I have seen several brand new high end cars that have the flat finish, I wonder if this is what people are doing here?

HOw much to have a car put in different color shrink wrap? We have a lot of cars around here completely covered with advertising, never thought about a monotone job. Although I have seen several brand new high end cars that have the flat finish, I wonder if this is what people are doing here?

That's usually the way they do it with new cars. Over here it would be around 1500 Dollars and up for a professional job with tax included, the material itself if you want to do it yourself is around 600 Dollars I think. I know a guy in another forum who did an old car by himself with a foil which matched the original color. However I still hold on to the paint job.

Back