Just did a new spray job on my '69 Fury.....be nice :)

I ended up using a garage door external release...that way it has a key so not just anyone can pull the cable :) Paranoia kicked in again :) You turn the key, the whole tumbler/lock assy comes out attached to a cable. You pull on that which is connected to the door latch and presto!

We may have to elect you as the official FCBO site innovator

View attachment 11830[/QUOTE]

This is really good stuff, nice work!

Thanks guys.... My first car was a 79 Monte Carlo followed up by a 79 Firebird Formula. Granted this car is far from those in styling and size. But this one has been my favorite.
You hear that a lot from people with their first C-body.
Welcome to our world.

< Sent from my tablet >

LOL! I still have this in the car......

The_Original_Club.jpg

Nope, I have to if I'm in Milwaukee or Baltimore in addition to unplugging one side of the ballast resistor and a wire on the starter relay.

I leave my doors unlocked

I'm not (won't) staying overnight in Milwaukee with the NYB. Can't take that chance. I'm fine in Green Bay......can leave all 4 doors wide open with the engine running and don't have to worry about a thing.

I always presumed that the mid west was of all good people, what little was there, especially in Wisconsin

I always presumed that the mid west was of all good people, what little was there, especially in Wisconsin

Most of Wisconsin is safe 99.9%.........the neighborhood I grew up in Milwaukee is now a war zone. Look at the quadrant north and west of the Milwaukee River.....do see MLK Blvd is a few blocks away? I don't need to say any more. LOL! No problems when I was growing up.

milwaukee-downtown.gif

Yeah, wherever there is a MLK blvd it is a horrible neighborhood......Its not your Laverne and Shirley neighborhood anymore

The only problem in the neighborhood when I was growing up was my brothers and I... and a few cousins. Nothing criminal.....just raiding apple and plum trees and having beer parties and chasing tail. Then we started with the Mopars when I was 16.......hide the bleach!!! Funny car burnouts!!! LOL!!!

Locks only keep the honest people out.

< Sent from my tablet >

True..... and nosy co-workers that like to play ALOT of practical jokes :)

That old Firebird I had, suffered from an issue with the ignition never going out of accessory mode, so you could start it up without keys. So if I didn't lock the doors my "friends" would move my car around in the parking lot while I was working LOL

Back