Just purchased a 77 Newport Coupe. Your advice, comments and opinions needed!

Just curious, is there an "old car scene" in D.C.? For those of us unfamiliar with big east coast cities, they seem like places to grind your anonymous transport-pod into highly-regulated dust... What does a person do with an old-timey big Chrysler where you live?
It's a very good question. I'll be glad to give you guys an update when I get her back here. My first task is to find covered parking that won't drive me broke.

It's a very good question. I'll be glad to give you guys an update when I get her back here. My first task is to find covered parking that won't drive me broke.
OK, years later......
I have never seen a formal on the road in DC.....in the wild. Just mine. Nearby Rockville has an annual (?) auto show, and I saw plenty of C bodies there the one time I exhibited. Many were nicer than mine. But these were garage queens, puiled out once a year for shows. I drive mine every week. There's a difference.
I found covered parking in a public garage for $100/month. Best I could do.
Parking downtown is almost impossible. The garages are not big enough. The street parking spaces are usually not long enough. So it stays uptown where there is much less congestion.
One of the members of this site lives not too far away, and we want to meet up some day.....
Other than that, not much to report. Funny how women seem to like the car more than men. I receive lots of compliments. Out of 25+ people who have guessed the car's year and make/model, exactly one got it right.
I put historic plates on it, as it originally failed DC emissions, which cost me $$, and I was not looking for another test in two years. No more inspections. Police never say a word about usage.

Thanks

Back