Just purchased a 77 Newport Coupe. Your advice, comments and opinions needed!

I'm worried about the AT II, given all that is written about it. Can I ask you to expand upon your comments? Does the conversion to 134 A mean anything in terms of how AT II works? Is the current vacuum control wrong? Thanks!
According to what Stanley/Commando wrote, your valve is correct.

wtf.......?

Sorry just thinking about if I had been a little richer that car would only be driving 150 miles to get home instead of 3500....Robert Frost moment no offense to the new Owner

Just swing by a Canadian Tire store and pick up a kit like this.

Stanley Blitzbox Socket Set, 203-pc | Canadian Tire

They have cheaper tool sets but these are actually good quality and if you lived here, have a lifetime replacement warranty. They also have plier, vise grip and screwdriver kits in all price and quality points and there is usually something useful on sale for 50% off.

It has usually been my experience that if you have them you won't need them. Don't have them never works out the same.

Kevin
Great idea, thanks

Check the fluids and drive it home, all these people and their paranoia about driving a car a decent distance. Belts and hoses and a fuel filter buy them at the begining of the trip through them in the trunk you will have them on hand if need be. Have fun.
Good catch on the fuel filter, thanks.

Just curious, is there an "old car scene" in D.C.? For those of us unfamiliar with big east coast cities, they seem like places to grind your anonymous transport-pod into highly-regulated dust... What does a person do with an old-timey big Chrysler where you live?

Just curious, is there an "old car scene" in D.C.? For those of us unfamiliar with big east coast cities, they seem like places to grind your anonymous transport-pod into highly-regulated dust... What does a person do with an old-timey big Chrysler where you live?

The ultimate show "Chrysler's at Carlisle" in July is about a 1.5 hours (85 miles) away.

Friday nights there is a huge show at Lowe's in Abingdon, Maryland. I see cars from 6 different states at the show every Friday night.

http://www.realmansyardsale.com/

DSC03264.JPG

There's a huge car show once a month at the Markets at Shrewsbury, Pa.

The ultimate show "Chrysler's at Carlisle" in July is about a 1.5 hours (85 miles) away.

Friday nights there is a huge show at Lowe's in Abingdon, Maryland. I see cars from 6 different states at the show every Friday night.

http://www.realmansyardsale.com/

View attachment 75722

Ok... Well maybe it's just because I don't realize the states/cities are pretty small and close together, so I don't think of all these events as being something I'd attend if I lived in DC. I admit it's partly my own stereotype of D.C. as being pretty anti-car, so 18-feet of car just seems that much harder to enjoy there.

Here a car like that would get used pretty much like any other car during the (few) months we have decent weather, + cruise nights, etc. In fact, I'd use that car on-purpose if I did any long highway traveling.

You wouldn't believe how much "green space" there is outside of DC and especially surrounding that area in Maryland and Virginia.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to the Pro Mod race at Budd;s Creek, Maryland this Sunday and I'm going to the car cruise at Lowe's the Friday after.

Back