Keywest Trip Ideas & Tips

Why, why, why, would otherwise loving and caring parents subject innocent children to listening "It's a small world".
That tune will run in their heads for the rest of their lives.
Child abuse. That's what I call it.
It still runs in my head from the 1964 World's Fair in NYC . That was before it went to Florida to ruin other lives.

My son took his three kids to Disney a couple years ago. He said they all had a much better time at Universal. I've heard that form others too.

Why, why, why, would otherwise loving and caring parents subject innocent children to listening "It's a small world".
That tune will run in their heads for the rest of their lives.
Child abuse. That's what I call it.
Laura has a thing for Disney. She's been there before, her daughter has been before (her first daughter was conceived there) and Laura's been babbling on about going since I met her. I honestly couldn't care less about the place, but I can scratch that off the list and never have to go back. That's the only reason I'm on board, so I don't have to go through it again. If she wants to go back, she can, I will hang out with Jeff if we go back there again, I sure hope not. And I'll save money over the Key West vacation. I'd rather do that than see a Mouse stealing from hard working families.

And it gives me a signed permission slip to go to Carlisle by myself! That's worth it right there.

I went to Disneyland when my dad was working in San Diego many years back. I remember the Churros, whining about not getting an overpriced toy that could be bought anywhere else for 1/5 the price, and Space Mountain and some other rides.

My son took his three kids to Disney a couple years ago. He said they all had a much better time at Universal. I've heard that form others too.
The kids have had Disney pumped into their little brains from the word go. They don't know any better, they love the Princesses, and will love it. I just hope their mom or Laura can wait until just before we go to tell them, otherwise it's gonna be a long three months.

WAIT WAIT WAIT :stop:
This I need to know more about....
Didn't they have Sex Ed when you went to school?

hqdefault (1).jpg

:poke:

Disney World was great when my niece was 7. She is 30 now so not so much fun anymore. I did and still liked Epcot Center. It's a nice walk around the lake and I liked the fish and chips.

I liked driving on the beach at Daytona. My Mom said I was going to get arrested for that. LOL.

I swear. . . In the third row from the front, that is me sitting there in Ms. Cromer's 4th grade class - Boundary Street School, Newberry, SC.
There's a hole on the upper right corner of each desk.
Do remember what it was used for? :)

Randall G. Morris Elementary school. 1955-1962.
Randall_G._Morris_School_-_0403002119a_-_City_of_Boston_Archives.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. It was an ink well, but was no longer used when I went to school there. We used No. 2 pencils.
We used the inkwells in 2nd Grade.
Kindergarten was crayons.
1st grade: Learned to print (Aa Bb Cc etc...) with pencils
2nd grade: Learned to write (The Palmer Method) with inkwell and dipping pen
3rd grade: Switched to Ballpoint pens.

file_102_45.jpg

Honest.

We never learned to use the inkwell and pens, but they were still in the desks. The new desks that came in around my 5th and 6th grade didn't have the holes.

Van Duyn Elementary, Syracuse, NY. 1959-1966

2696375432_b7c7651f25_z.jpg

A 14 year old girl got shot by a 13 year old boy just around the corner from there the other day. Nothing is the same anymore.

I must have either gone to some brokeass schools as a kid, or they were extremely forward thinking and had them drilled for wire grommets way before they had computers to have use of them... decades before the computers would have fit in the desks...:D

Today, you'd never get Stan's writing utensils past the metal detectors...:rolleyes:

you should check out that island where the bridge plows right thru...wonder if that's a private property.
51348050_2094737387262181_3993845601279148032_n.jpg

Back