Legendary auto

jmustian

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone dealt with legendary before? I ordered a hood insulation and got a receipt saying 42 days lead time. Sounds a bit long for a piece of 2x4 insulation.

I did a Charger interior with them. I was not really satisfied. The service was despicable, and they never kept their promises for date of delivery. They sadly, have the monopoly on many interior parts.

I have bought stuff from them with zero problems.

The last thing I bought was a convertible boot. They quoted me a lead time of something like 90 days (it was right after Covid) and they hit the lead time within a few days. While the lead time was longer than I liked, they did exactly as promised with no BS. I'd use them again.

I'm another satisfied Legendary customer. I will say that you might check with Dante's Mopar Parts. I got some of my interior through them cheaper than ordering from Legendary directly. No, I don't understand it either. :)

i had a horrible experience dealing with them. i ordered a top boot from them, 1st one was completely wrong, sent it back, 2nd 1 didnt fit properly and because of having to pay 3+ shipping costs to canada and us & canadian taxes each time, i had to keep it.
unhelpful customer "service".
they were not interested in making me happy.
will never deal with them again.

got my molded hood pad from Mopar Mall and was NOT happy with it....made by REM...not cheap, holes punched in wrong spots, extra holes for different applications that you can see the cut circles after its installed...came with clips that were completely worthless (not made of spring steel and didnt fit into the holes in hood so they just bent and fell out if you even got them in)...the bag of clips damaged the pad in shipping...had to buy clips from DMT that actually worked....and when all done hit the air cleaner so bad i had to buy a dropped base from Mancini (have a Performer 440)

Without getting into all the BS. I would NOT use them again. I suppose I would try SMS.

Last edited:
from what i've heard about SMS getting anything correct within a year is an accomplishment...there's guys on here that have had problems with vinyl tops being wrong and others waiting years for door panels

Last edited:
from what i've heard about SMS getting anything correct within a year is an accomplishment...there's guys on here that have had problems with vinyl tops being wrong and others waiting years for door panels
I ordered a headliner from them because they were the only place that had the correct one. I can't remember the exact lead time, but it was a couple months. Took them twice as long which I pretty much expected from talking to others. It was right and fit well, but promised lead time went out the window.

I ordered my vinyl top from SMS and was extremely happy with the quality. As for the lead time, it was around a month maybe two, can't remember exactly... but that was before Covid.

Last edited:
I ordered my green vinylroof for the 73 Imperial in October 2021 and finally got it in December 2022 - 14 months later, what should have been "10 weeks" - or so.
Anyway after restoration of the roof, now the vinyl has been applied, next week i will see it by myself.
The guy who applied the vinyl didn´t complain, so it must be a good fitting and is the correct color and grain.

IMG-20230426-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20230426-WA0009.jpg

But when I ordered samples for interior materials (just in case) in September last year, they tried to send them to me 3 times, but nothing arrived yet...

I have had excellent service from SMS when purchasing factory cloth and vinyl materials. Recently bought cloth for a '71 Chevy truck, and a '75 IH truck. Asked for Tanbark cloth and vinyl samples for a '77 IH Scout II and they arrived in 3 days. But I'm talking yardage, not custom made headliners, or tops.

Shipping for small stuff (door lock knobs, headliner, etc.) was pretty quick for me. Seat covers were a different story. My rear seat vinyl took about 7 months and was delivered the week before I moved out of state. Talk about cutting it close! Material quality is Fantastic though.

I have had excellent service from SMS when purchasing factory cloth and vinyl materials. Recently bought cloth for a '71 Chevy truck, and a '75 IH truck. Asked for Tanbark cloth and vinyl samples for a '77 IH Scout II and they arrived in 3 days. But I'm talking yardage, not custom made headliners, or tops.
Who is SMS?

Who is SMS?
SMS Auto Fabrics - The Largest Selection of Classic Auto Interiors

For all the negative about lead times, they do have good quality products and have materials that you can't get anywhere. Be prepared to wait, and then wait some more. Months and sometimes years from what I see. Lead time estimates seem to be inaccurate at best and that has been reported many times here.

I had good customer service from them even though they missed their promise date.

Anyone dealt with legendary before? I ordered a hood insulation and got a receipt saying 42 days lead time. Sounds a bit long for a piece of 2x4 insulation.
I have bought from these guys before, good quality, and I actually was looking for hood insulation for the 300 so at the time he could get it for me. He is in bowling green ohio
1146A90C-C2A5-49D8-A7A0-4B065ADC1089.jpeg

I have used them for my convertible well boot and the interior pieces for my seats. I would use them again.

Was the wait long? for the seat, yes, almost a year. But, I am convinced they don't have these sitting on shelves in their warehouse; I think they are made per order. Therefore, the time to manufacture will be long, especially for a car that is not a popular model.

I just wish they offered seat foam for my '70 as well; they don't. They told me no one does.

Back