Lets Play A Game: Last Of The Convertibles

Just want to add that my Polara is also a Monalara but I prefer it being a Polarco.
Monaco trunk lid, Monaco interior, Monaco chrome moldings and Monaco hood which will replace the scooped one.

Just want to add that my Polara is also a Monalara but I prefer it being a Polarco.
Monaco trunk lid, Monaco interior, Monaco chrome moldings and Monaco hood which will replace the scooped one.
Pictures please!

Pictures please!
What pictures are you looking for?

IMG_3288.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

Thank you! Great to see the interior brought back from the brink :)
FYI Ayilar, you being a multiple convertible owner, the rear seat in Ellie May has the skin from a 71 Monaco sedan
( aquied from MOPARPAPA ) which is cut slightly larger than the vert seat.
This allowed me to slip the 71 seat skin right over the old cloth seat skin and attached it with new hog rings.
As for the front, Chevy Monte Carlo seats were removed and replaced with Monaco buckets from the same 71 sedan.

FYI Ayilar, you being a multiple convertible owner, the rear seat in Ellie May has the skin from a 71 Monaco sedan
( aquied from MOPARPAPA ) which is cut slightly larger than the vert seat.
This allowed me to slip the 71 seat skin right over the old cloth seat skin and attached it with new hog rings.
As for the front, Chevy Monte Carlo seats were removed and replaced with Monaco buckets from the same 71 sedan.
IMG_3289.JPG

A little scrotal but good enough for me!

@LocuMob -- why the red button? The donor is likely a Canadian Monaco.

pretty sure it was a 71, correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not one to fuss over stuff like that.

No need to correct -- I am just trying to figure out what I see in the photos.

Red button is the horn, as mentioned way back in the day, Joe did so many things that I cannot go back on ....The fake gas inlet on the fender, the exhaust through the rear valence, sure I could keep keep returning things to a more stock look but at what cost. Looks fine to me!

I thought this thread was to decipher tags? would sure like to know what mine says!

I thought this thread was to decipher tags? would sure like to know what mine says!
This thread was started by @c-barge as a way of finding the last-built 1970 C-body 'verts. Over time, in addition to that quest, it has morphed into an informal registry of the Last Convertibles. More recently, folks have been asking to post photos of what the cars currently look like, which is why I am grateful that you posted pics. This said, I'll stop discussing the car: you have saved Ellie May, and that's all that matters :)

As for what your tag says, see the post to which I linked above. The only mistake I see is V3X (not VX3), which means the original soft top (V3) color was black (X).

The scheduled build date of Ellie May was Sept. 19, 1969.

This thread was started by @c-barge as a way of finding the last-built 1970 C-body 'verts. Over time, in addition to that quest, it has morphed into an informal registry of the Last Convertibles. More recently, folks have been asking to post photos of what the cars currently look like, which is why I am grateful that you posted pics. This said, I'll stop discussing the car: you have saved Ellie May, and that's all that matters :)

As for what your tag says, see the post to which I linked above. The only mistake I see is V3X (not VX3), which means the original soft top (V3) color was black (X).

The scheduled build date of Ellie May was Sept. 19, 1969.
VX5 says black side stripe, not molding but I just aquired the side molding from a 70 Monaco that I am reconditioning right now. I plan on installing it on the Polarco with double sided adhesive tape as to not drill through the side panels.
At the same time I picked up a fully intact 70 front grill from the same Monaco and the front fender extension chrome moldings which will be for sale on FCBO soon.
Thanks again. PT

Sorry meant V5X, would you know more about belt moldings M31 ?
Ayilar, you asked me to let you know on how my experience went with "Tops Online" went.
Pads and cables worked out well but the plastic tack strips, my upholstery guy refused to use them due to staples coming undone, he used the original ones. Top stayed V3X.
Slipping the Monaco skin over the Polara skin, below.
IMG_3154.JPG

It's OK for now, it blocks my view of the spedo.
Compared to the steering wheel on my 67 Newport, it's much more comfortable.
I feel like I'm driving a bus , sitting close, huge steering wheel with no tilt in the Newport, just an odd feeling.

New post on Facebook for CM27T0C235764 Not sure how to link ad. Here is the text of ad: Fresh interior not perfect built and resealed 440 tnt 727 trans rebuilt and resealed owned for about 20 years holly carb convertible top works but is not perfect drum brakes all around just a fun cruiser brand new starter installed as of September 11th power windows still work comes with 2 sets of wheels and factory hubcaps factory 440 tnt intake filter housing and factory radio. Asking 19,500 OBO let me know if you have any questions.

yellow 300 vert.jpg

yellow 300 vert 2.jpg

Back