Let's see some Wagons!

Finally enjoying a ride!!! :)

Resized_20180822_202057.jpeg

All kidding aside, do you have a power train for it? The floor pan looks real solid.
I just picked up a real parts car with what appears to be a good 360/727...the wagon will definitely be put back on the road.

There ya go. What kind of power can you expect from that vintage of 360? Is it a 4bbl? A running anything is better than an empty space between the front wheels...

There ya go. What kind of power can you expect from that vintage of 360? Is it a 4bbl? A running anything is better than an empty space between the front wheels...

The 71 360 was a great running / pulling engine. Surprising how strong in a C body even with the 2 barrel. Its no big block but respectable.

The 71 360 was a great running / pulling engine. Surprising how strong in a C body even with the 2 barrel. Its no big block but respectable.
I've got two big Mopars with 360s: a Winnebago and a repurposed school bus - both 1976s. They've both got industrial truck parts, but I agree with polara71. I'd think too that a '71 360 would outdo the 5-liters that GM and Ford put in their last big wagons.

Ok. I was thinking of it as an engine that went into the 80’s Grand Wagoneers. Maybe that was a different motor/block. If I get a moment I’ll go read up on Allpar.

This makes perfect sense. Rail track gang repair crew (of 9!) could ride the rails to do a repair, even hop off the track and get food or a hotel... IF a town was on the route. My cousin worked as a foreman on the rails in Montana. He would buy old used C-bodies for his ‘work car’, although I don’t know if he ever put them on the tracks!

Back