Let's see some Wagons!

Thanks for that information, it's very interesting and something I have to admit I never thought of. I'll look into the ratings on these wheels and keep you posted on what I find out. As far as the use of the wagon goes, it never sees what it was intended for. It's used for weekend rides when the sun is shining and a cruise night now and then.

Well that was a buzz kill. I'd still use those wheels and just not do a slalom with 30 sheets of ¾plywood in the back.

Posted via Topify on Android

I've heard that story as the explanation for why wagons never got road wheels from the factory, but I highly doubt that anything would happen because I used to see this kind of thing all the time as a kid and the road wheels seemed to do just fine....

Probably Chrysler over-engineering again (like left hand thread lug nuts).

TripToKitchener3_zpsf720973d.jpg

Thanks for that information, it's very interesting and something I have to admit I never thought of. I'll look into the ratings on these wheels and keep you posted on what I find out. As far as the use of the wagon goes, it never sees what it was intended for. It's used for weekend rides when the sun is shining and a cruise night now and then.

Under the use conditions you describe, I can't imagine either how you could ever have a problem. Just file this away in the back of your head when somebody asks you to go to Home Depot to bring home a whack of plywood.

I've heard that story as the explanation for why wagons never got road wheels from the factory, but I highly doubt that anything would happen because I used to see this kind of thing all the time as a kid and the road wheels seemed to do just fine....

Probably Chrysler over-engineering again (like left hand thread lug nuts).

This is Kip Gardiner's car and his now sold Airstream. Kip has this car so over-engineered that it's more like the plushest 3/4-1 ton truck you've ever seen.

Kip has one of the Salons that is over on the newyorker site. Very nice car! His has the vent windows I wish my car had.

Kip has one of the Salons that is over on the newyorker site. Very nice car! His has the vent windows I wish my car had.

The vent windows were an option. Cheat and buy a parts car with vent windows and swap them onto your car. Other than paint and pulling the wiring harnesses back, you'll be golden.

The vent windows were an option. Cheat and buy a parts car with vent windows and swap them onto your car. Other than paint and pulling the wiring harnesses back, you'll be golden.

I thought the vent windows were standard with the base A/C system and the ventless glass was part of an upgrade A/C system.

I thought the vent windows were standard with the base A/C system and the ventless glass was part of an upgrade A/C system.

One piece windows were cheaper to make and install than the two pieces that went into a door/vent glass assembly, plus the division bar, plus all the extra labour to install it on the line. With or without vent windows was completely independent of regular a/c or ATC a/c.

My Imp parts car has the vents. Do I want to go through the trouble of changing things out, though?

How good are the doors on the parts car ? Just swap the doors entirely. Fitting vent windows into ventless door shells IS a big job. IIRC, the shells even have different part numbers, so while I can't tell you what is different about them, there's obviously something. Paint the doors off the car, hang 'em. If both cars have power windows/locks, then it's just a matter of fishing the wiring out of one at the connectors and back in again once you've hung 'em.

Absolutely lovely. A lottery list car for me, for sure. Which engine do you have ? I see cruise, but a fixed steering column and crank windows. I'm guessing that also rules out power door locks and a front power seat. Could you post a picture of your fender tag? Have you looked for the broadcast sheet ? That tells the whole story.

Absolutely lovely. A lottery list car for me, for sure. Which engine do you have ? I see cruise, but a fixed steering column and crank windows. I'm guessing that also rules out power door locks and a front power seat. Could you post a picture of your fender tag? Have you looked for the broadcast sheet ? That tells the whole story.
Thank for the complement. I'll get a pic of the fender tag... as far as the build sheet I'm thinking it's under the back seat, which is being difficult to remove, so i gave up trying to remove it. The car has a 400 in it, no power anything, which I found odd, being a top of the line car. But it only has 28,000 on it so I figured what the heck. I don't think I could have found a better deal. It does have the reclining passenger seat, AC which still works and vent windows!

64chrysler300, Does your buddy still have your old '66. I'm looking for a part - Steven

It was a 383 -2bbl car but I stuffed a 440 in it.

I see you have a dual master cyl. I just took over my dad's '66 TC and as you know they only came with a single. My dad got a dual back in '97, but never installed it. I want to convert it over to a dual and was wanting to know what do I need to make that happen. Is there a kit or do I just get some lines, fittings and blocks to put it all together? Where can I source the parts I need. Hopefully you get this msg - Randy

Back