Let's see your Newports

Here's mine

PXL_20221111_142902628.jpg

Here's my '67 Custom, purchased in 2019 for the princely sum of $1250, because there was no juice at the key. After I bought the car, I found this forum that night and C-Barge gave me the answer. Next day the car was running.

View attachment 592588

View attachment 592589

View attachment 592590

View attachment 592591

View attachment 592592
Love that car Richard, awsome combo on color, wheels, too bad mine has a butterscotch vinyl roof, so I can't go red, my 67 is still going through it's transformation.
Had to grind off all the paint right down to the metal due to gauges through the paints, primer and metal. 9 patches in the floors, new tank, new brakes, new exhaust, belly wirebrushed and undercoated, removed 5 lbs. of sand in the trunk and redone, I will stop here but it will eventually be Champane Gold with full moon hubs to go with the Butterscotch top.
IMG_3325.JPG
IMG_3299.JPG

Is that butterscotch vinyl a Chrysler vinyl, or some bodyshop replacement? It looks like a nice job, either way. If Stubbs isn't listening, I have actually painted vinyl roofs black, with perfect and long-lasting success. You can't tell the difference. In fact, I did it with my Newport Custom!

Is that butterscotch vinyl a Chrysler vinyl, or some bodyshop replacement? It looks like a nice job, either way. If Stubbs isn't listening, I have actually painted vinyl roofs black, with perfect and long-lasting success. You can't tell the difference. In fact, I did it with my Newport Custom!
From what I understand it is not factory but in such great condition I'm going to go with it for now, the car was originally Turbine Bronze with a black painted roof acording to the build sheet. The plan is to get it on the road with a prescribed budget, her name is going to be Smoke Money.
Why you ask....The reason I have these cars now is due to quitting smokes, she cost me $5900 CDN which is the equivalent of 295 packs of smokes @ $20 bucks a pack, I probably smoked more in a year than 295 packs.
Ellie Mae, my Polara was purchased with smoke money also on October 6th, 2021, haven't smoked since and enjoying my new addiction.
Richard I am going to try and emulate you ride but only in different colors.
Here are a few more pics of her front end showing what it looked like and where I'm at now,......, getting there, crossing stuff off my job board every week!
IMG_3506.JPG
IMG_3309.JPG

Hey Polara,

I did the cigarette thing in college, and then into my 30s. I gave it up at age 39, at the request of my 7-year-old son. That was back in 1998, some 25 years ago, when cigs reached about $1.50/pack. A month after quitting in '98, I was forever free of that corporate addiction. Now I have a classic car addiction, but I smell a lot better.

Wow, what a great and interesting 66 Newport. I am shocked that a "luxury" brand like Chrysler would even offer a manual transmission. I gotta think that with the manual and radio delete and dog dish caps, this car has to be THE lowest spec Chrysler manufactured in 1966. Amazingly cool car. Don't tell me it has a 225.
Naw, he said no option. It's a 170.

I've never seen any proper pics of a manual Newport. Were they all column shift? I have a pedal set, transmission and bell housing so far to put a T56 in mine. I have my AM radio and I think a spare dash panel if you are interested in adding a radio to yours.
All 3-speeds were all column shift.

Wow, what a great and interesting 66 Newport. I am shocked that a "luxury" brand like Chrysler would even offer a manual transmission. I gotta think that with the manual and radio delete and dog dish caps, this car has to be THE lowest spec Chrysler manufactured in 1966. Amazingly cool car. Don't tell me it has a 225.
The standard engine for Chrysler in 66 was the 2-bbl 383.
A column shifted 3-speed was technically the standard offering for a lot of cars into 1971. This was true for Chrysler, Buick, Olds, LTD; and of course the lower brands. There was a fully loaded 71 Newport convertible sold on Ebay some years ago. AC Power everything, but 3 speed.

68 383h rebuilt to a 390, fitech fuel injection, 3m vinyl wrap, and lots of custom stuff you guys probably hate. Sorry not sorry. Lol. I've poured so much blood sweat and tears into this car. I have no idea what I'm doing but I try. I've done probably three quarters of the work myself though. Added a passenger mirror. Evans wiring. Pertronix flame thrower 3 ignition, upgraded alternator, recored the radiator and stays cool. Next up new steering gear box and heater core. Factory ac car but not hooked up.

Screenshot_20220513-153837_Messages.jpg

Screenshot_20190913-232424_Facebook.jpg

68 383h rebuilt to a 390, fitech fuel injection, 3m vinyl wrap, and lots of custom stuff you guys probably hate. Sorry not sorry. Lol. I've poured so much blood sweat and tears into this car. I have no idea what I'm doing but I try. I've done probably three quarters of the work myself though. Added a passenger mirror. Evans wiring. Pertronix flame thrower 3 ignition, upgraded alternator, recored the radiator and stays cool. Next up new steering gear box and heater core. Factory ac car but not hooked up.

View attachment 594371

View attachment 594372
I see nothing wrong here. Beautiful car! Glad that someone cared enough to keep it on the road. You have a right to be proud of your work.

View attachment 594371

View attachment 594372
Have any clearance issues with the wheels?

Have any clearance issues with the wheels?
It's super tight on the rims to the fender. Like a hair of clearance. I just redid the tie rods the other day and I feel the wheel sits closer, almost touching now. Getting an alignment Friday and I hope I can adjust it back to get just that hair of clearance I had before. Had these on for 3 years though so they're working in general. 22x9.5, 35

It's super tight on the rims to the fender. Like a hair of clearance. I just redid the tie rods the other day and I feel the wheel sits closer, almost touching now. Getting an alignment Friday and I hope I can adjust it back to get just that hair of clearance I had before. Had these on for 3 years though so they're working in general. 22x9.5, 35
May a recommend "LUV-SHK" for a vanity plate.

Car looks as big as a whale about to set sail!

I literally have like 2 inches on either end of the car in the garage. In the winter I have to sneak through the car to get to stuff on the other side of the garage when I don't want to open the garage door lol. My Chevy traverse is as big as a Tahoe on the inside and I can walk completely around the car comfortably when I park it inside. This thing is monstrous. I do need a vanity plate.

5A842EA1-CFBD-4BA3-B501-2D1646D3634D.jpeg
4B000EFC-0E62-44C7-A5C4-2FD1E91EA36E.jpeg
871AAF3D-D2E2-474F-BA91-07A8D9F06DF2.jpeg
98573C83-676B-4E24-B4BD-3FA239014A59.jpeg
92F8526F-0BB5-4F46-BEB5-CF053E8C164B.jpeg
9919C4DC-A700-48C2-9ADF-47A344AA9769.jpeg
BF49FC9E-3A9E-4D77-9116-562F71AD4C63.jpeg
30DBFE77-2EC9-4878-A2DA-91B4DB5023C0.jpeg
81453A51-4A64-4B0D-B319-2D9586FA0912.jpeg
F2AEDE9D-FDF6-4892-A72A-0436C2718A83.jpeg

Found my ‘71 on line. Bought it from the original owner in Virginia. The wife and I made a road trip out of trailering it back to Indiana (the part going through the Apalachians was intense). Anyway she’s a 383 2bbl, 66k on the clock then. Came off the Newark Delaware assembly line, purchased from Falls Church Chrysler Plymouth. Garage kept and well maintained. Ton of paperwork and receipts came with. Bill of sale said the original owner traded in a ‘66 Newport 2dr. They gave him $700.00 for it.

Last edited:
Back