Looking for advice/help reassembling 1958 Chrysler

BIRD

Reaction score
need help to determine the installation0f weather stripping around the doors on 4 door sedan.
can't remember how it goes back on.. thanks

www.jholst.net for '55-'65 Chrysler parts/service information. Primarily 300-Letter Car oriented, but with Chrysler parts books and I believe some service manuals. You might find something there you might be able to use.

Enjoy!
CBODY67

thanks for the replies.. have found that the weather strip is affixed to the bottoms of the doors with a long piece of wire that bent at intervals to form the shape of a little arrow head and that point of the arrow head is pushed through the holes in the weather strip and then clip into holes in the bottom of the door.. basically span the bottom of the door and extend upwards about 3 inches on the front and back of the door. The rest of the door including the window frame has the weather strip glued to it to form the seal and its placement on the door is now fairly obvious.

IMG_9893.JPG
Door jams are painted and whole car should be painted in a couple of weeks... been a 25 year project

profile picture is my first car in 1967 in front of my parents house where I grew up ( me in the drivers seat and my Mom standing at passenger door)
want to recreate this photo when I get the 58 under restoration completed. (Hopefully June)
My Mom still lives the same house , soon to be 101 years young and doing great.

IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
just an update.. car was painted on the weekend by my son Dan at his shop and returned home this morning to my garage for assembly. Will start with installation of headliner and welting... going to be busy for few months because I am not on a reality show that can have it finished by next weeks episode:canada:
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0445.JPG
IMG_0442.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG

Will be moving to the Members Projects and Restorations to chronical the assembly of my 1958 Chrysler...
am in the hunt for some trim fasteners for the lower wide body side chrome.. the trim is for the 4 door sedan American Saratoga model or Canadian Windsor model.
here are pictures of what I hope to find..
would also like to know if any suppliers are still out for these items.
Thanks..

IMG_0513.JPG

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

Back