Looking for my old 1970 Dodge Polara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparkid27

Reaction score
Contact seller
My dad and I purchase our project 1970 dodge polar a coupe with a 383 from the original owners and had to eventually sell 2 years ago due to health/financial reasons. Anyways I'm looking to see if the car is still around and hopefully purchase for my dad for his upcoming 60th birthday. It broke his heart when we sold this car and I would give anything to see that smile on his face if we found it or one similar. If anybody knows of it still around or one similar I would appreciate any leads.
vin # DM23L0D116420

Car was last sold in McHenry, IL in Nov. 2010

my name is Kevin and thanks again for any help.

image.jpg

1970 dodge polara 2010 interior Wisconsin 5200.jpg1970 dodge polara 2010 left wisconsin.jpg

I remember that car, real nice looking car. I would have been all over it then if it were a 71. I have a feeling someone is going to say it went overseas....

1970 dodge polara 2010 interior Wisconsin 5200.jpg

1970 dodge polara 2010 left wisconsin.jpg

See if your DMV offers information on the name of the purchaser of your car when it was sold. I'm sure you will need to purchase that info iv available at all. That info is probably at the State level and not thru a local office. Some States may offer to check for registered owners thru the vin but again for a fee whether successful or not.

I didnt think Carfax showed up on the older cars. The VIN is wayyy too short

What was the story on that car... You were the second owner, where was the car originally? How did you find it? Was it ordered or a sales bank car? We wanna know.... I do anyway!

Kevin, give these guys your Car Domain link to this car.
Very impressive car indeed.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3350059/1970-dodge-polara/

We bought it from 2 guys that pulled it out of a barn where it was stored from the 80's till about 2009 where they changed the brake booster, and rebuilt the carb. They were friends of the late original owner. It still had the original bias belt tires obit whence got it. My father and I then bought the car with the intentions of making it our father/son project car. We bought new white letter tires, painted the air cleaner, had the gas tank and fuel filter refreshed along with the lines. It had some trunk rot and holes in the bottom fenders that we were gonna have fixed when we have the car reprinted but my dad had bad heart issues which caused us to have to sell the toys to get him better. It even had the 8 track player in it that still worked lol

I was interested in it when you had it for sale back then. Price started around 5.500$ back then and dropped down to 3.500$ later on.

Cars had some rust in the lower quarters. Had an old reparied accident, too on the side.
Some scrapes were on the car. Heater core bypassed.

You sold it and it stayed in Illinois

Carsten

Carsten, ever vigilant!

My father and I bought the car back in 2009 from Jefferson Wisconsin (car show/swap meet). It was pouring down rain and we were looking at an old Buick when these older gentlemen yelled at us to get in their car to get out of the rain since we were stupid and forgot our rain gear lol. We got in and started talking to the guys about the car we were in and found out the whole history of the car. The car was purchased by the original owners in Minnesota and was used as their Sunday church car and grocery getter until the 80's. It was hit sometime in the early 80's on the drivers side and whoever did the body work and paint job couldn't match the paint so the car was put in a barn in the late 80's. The old man passed away and left the car to his son who didn't want anything to do with it so the neighbors which were long time family friends decided to take the car and get it running. They changed the brKe booster, rebuilt the carb and she purred like a kitten. They trailered the car to Wisconsin where we met them at the Jefferson show. We made the deal with them and at that moment the rain let up and they offered to trailer the car for us to Illinois at no charge. We then got the car and had the gas tank pulled, sandblasted and coated and reinstalled. We put a fm stereo/CD player under the dash without cutting any holes. And we also replaced the original bias belt tires with white letter tires. We took it around to many car shows, and while she was far from perfect we got tons of attention from her. She had 60k original miles! Had the usual rot in the quarter panels and a little in the trunk, but the frame was solid and everything operated, even the original 8 track player still worked!! We then found out about my dad's prostrate cancer and was forced to make a tough decision to sell. We ended up selling for far less than what the car was worth and it killed us to do that but we needed to sell to get my dad the treatment he needed. I miss that car everyday.

last time I saw it it was still in Illinois.
Was up for sale on craigslist in summer 2013 for 6k $
No phone number included in the ad

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back