Lowering plans.

Yeah, worked many years in the car painting company and never had to wax matt but maybe things are different in america. Ja 330tDA: mikäs tommosten uusien pakkojen hinta olis noinniinku suurinpiirtein pyöreesti sinnepäin?

The quote for new leaf springs at Vallilan Takomo was around 700€, installation included. This was a couple of years ago. There is another company in Tampere which does leaf springs, as well as one in Seinäjoki. They all do mostly trucks, of course, so there is nothing about old cars on their websites.

Last edited:
Ok. The situation right now is that the place in Hellsinki gave me a price which was around 1000-1200€. Might be a bit out of my scale. Got an email addres of a finnish man who lives in the states and could fix me a pair. One problem in ordering from other side of the big sea is that if they dont fit the hasle of sending them back is kinda boring and expencive. So, I decided to buy new rear hangers and get the rear leafs hammered. Thats 200€ in my neighbour. I also buy a pair of original shocks with 140€. I find the desired riding height by addin weight in the back trunk an when we get low enough I'll measure the leaf package from eye to eye and ask the place to hammer them. Nice n easy.

I think you’re making the choice any of us would make if in your shoes.

I take it that "rear leafs hammered" is 'Re-Arched' in the English language, right?
Or is 'hammered" more cool in the low rider world as in 'Slammed'?

Btw, the rear axle these cars have is also called the ”cart wheel axle”. You can see why.

You can definately see the moon from rear window and nothing but the moon. What do you think would rear shocks from 71-73' new yorker fit the 73' newport?

IMG_0433.JPG

Yes: C-body years ’65-’73 are all the same, as far as the shocks are concerned. Just don’t put any B-body shocks there, even if somebody might tell you they fit. The axle as such is the same, but the length and capacity of the shocks are different between B and C-bodies.

By the way, you can still get a pair of Konis to the rear. Classic Garage in Brewster, NY (USA) has NOS pieces for $160 a pair. Koni #82-1787, or #82-1400. Both will fit. Excellent shocks!

Back