Making a big car fast......the struggle is real.

Have you have the engine on a dyno?

If you did, what kind of power does it make?

Great! Let us know what your ET and speed is.

What do you estimate your ET will be?

Great! Let us know what your ET and speed is.

What do you estimate your ET will be?
I'm shooting for mid 11s but it's too early to tell. I have to scale the car yet and do a bunch of other stuff. I'll keep everyone posted.

Mid 11's is ambitious, the car will need a diet. I don't remember but are you running nitrous or all motor? You will need 500+ to get in the 11's. I wish you the best. Can't wait to read the updates.

Mid 11's is ambitious, the car will need a diet. I don't remember but are you running nitrous or all motor? You will need 500+ to get in the 11's. I wish you the best. Can't wait to read the updates.

All motor. Might put a bottle on it after I get the car dialed in.

8.2 comp. is going to be hard to get around to make any good power.
Stock bottom end smog 440 with port d 516 heads Victor intake 850 demon carb and a .509 cam made 588 hp IIRC. It can be done.

8.2 comp. is going to be hard to get around to make any good power.

8.2 is what it was with factory heads. My heads are 75cc. I've made plenty of power with pump gas and 9.X:1 over the years. This engine will make good power. Not John Force power but plenty of power for a daily driver.

8.2 is what it was with factory heads. My heads are 75cc. I've made plenty of power with pump gas and 9.X:1 over the years. This engine will make good power. Not John Force power but plenty of power for a daily driver.

8.2:1 is advertised CR. Actual measured CR on a smog era 440 with pistons .120" - .140" in the hole is in the low 7:1's.

The only way that thing makes the steam he's looking for is with some power adder, be it boost or bottle.

Kevin

Kevin I disagree, IQ52 on fbbo or heyoldguy on here has made over 500 HP with ported cast irons on cast piston 7-7.8 engines. Power is in the heads not the compression ratio, this is why a Hemi will always ultimately beat a wedge, the Hemi just moves more air and combustion chamber pushes straight down on the piston, wedge pushes diagonally on the piston, new cylinder head designs all try to correct this with closed/swirl/kidney shaped ect. I'm waiting to see what happens, hoping he gets the big girl really rocking on a budget and face palming to the magazines and their $800 piston pimping. Rant over:soapbox:

Budget...lol. it keeps growing. The headers are for 68 and newer c-body. Not even close to fitting mine. Driver side fits no problem. Passenger side is a different story. I had to remove sections of 2 pipes. I have to reroute those 2 tunes but they will still be inside the torsion bar and the header will fit properly and be able to be removed easily. It's just going to take time. Medical issues are slowing me down a bit. Alot of work left but first things first. I have to get the headers done and then do the underside work, then fuel system, some interior work, gears, etc.

The advantage of this car is I have removed alot of weight and the rear suspension is high dollar. This thing will hook on wet grass.

In the new Mopar Action mag Andy Finkbeiner did a build on a 470 low deck with the trick flows and got 660 HP with no time to tweak for press deadline.

Update:

I gave up on the headers I had. I broke down and called TTI. Should have done it right the first time. Engine and trans is in the car but I have to make a transmission mount. I have a couple of mounts and neither one works. The mounting point on the new transmission is in a different location than the stock 65 transmission. Then a bunch of piddly **** like fuel pump, fuel line, trans cooler lines, shifter, gauges, blah blah blah. Hoping to have this beast out in 3-4 weeks.

Update:

I gave up on the headers I had. I broke down and called TTI. Should have done it right the first time. Engine and trans is in the car but I have to make a transmission mount. I have a couple of mounts and neither one works. The mounting point on the new transmission is in a different location than the stock 65 transmission. Then a bunch of piddly **** like fuel pump, fuel line, trans cooler lines, shifter, gauges, blah blah blah. Hoping to have this beast out in 3-4 weeks.
I don't know where you are in Wisconsin, but are you going to attend Mopars in the Park in Farmington June 4-5? I'd love to see that beast in person!

Back