Milan mi show

dude69300

Reaction score
On July 26 mopar day at Milan Mi dragway. Drag races, show & shine with 1 run down the track,$ 15.00. It should be a good time. Anyone else planning on going? I plan on taking my 300 down the track, see what she'll do. " floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee". Lol

I've gone in years prior. Pretty fun time! Bring some water, it gets pretty hot sitting there all day. Always something new showing up to go look at. Not many c bodies though....

Thanks for the heads up. Wish I could make it but between Carlisle, the Nats and the WDC I have to make time to work. I am going to a seminar that morning for a few hours on survivor cars being put on by Hagerty in conjunction with the concours de elegance though and that should be interesting. Take lots of pics for us and let us know how the 300 does in the 1/4 mile.

We'll I was kind of disappointed With the turnout at Milan , just 30 cars and 1 c body, mine. It was a beautifully day with a decent amount of racers. I did run down the track in the 300, against a 1973 satellite Sebring plus with a rebuilt 400 and 440 heads, headers, and I think he said 3:23 gears. After having a bout of narcolepsy (sleeping at the lights) I had a reaction time of 1.06 (ouch) I ran a 15.7 beating the Sebring by half a car length. Not too bad for a bone stock, 95,000 mile car I guess. If I had a better reaction time I would have a 14 second car! Haha

Those are impressive numbers, well accept the reaction time. So it was an all Mopar day and only 30 cars showed???

Car show

Those are impressive numbers, well accept the reaction time. So it was an all Mopar day and only 30 cars showed???
Yea there was only 15 or so until noon, then they slowly dribbled in. There was a slight chance of rain, so maybe that was the reason. A charger, 2 belvederes, a cuda ,fury, Sebring ,2 darts and a few others. Not a PT cruiser in sight, Stan would have been disappointed

Is this simply pay 15 bucks and do a straight head to head start??
No brackets.
No lengths...

I would have travelled anywhere with the 4-speed to do that.
I'd hope in the other lane was a new Charger with the base Hemi.

Additionally, the unknown gentleman who now has this car does not have the engine as I built it. Shame...
The guy I sold it too had a RR that had a bare block 440 sitting in his RR that he was dying to finish up.

This was a show& shine at Milan for $ 15.00 with 1 run down the track, 1/4 mile with whoever you chose to go up against. No brackets or anything else. Years prior you could do multiple passes during the day but no more, they took that away. If I had my sh-t together at the line I could have shaved a 1/2 sec off my time, I didn't have the chance to even load up the torque converter before I nailed it, the guy next to me had never been on the track before and it took forever for him to prestage and I lost concentration, and the next thing I seen was the lights blinking to greenl which means go like hell.

That's a solid time for a cbody shows good tune.
. I spent some time about 15 yrs ago fine tuning the 440. I put in a Pertronix setup in the dist and tweaked the timing and played with everything else and I think it came out pretty good. The car is 99 percent stock and that's what I am aiming to keep it looking that way. It has cost me more money to keep it this way but the way I see it it can only look this way one time, after that it is modified. The original owner took very good care of this car, not driving it in bad weather and always garaged. I am the second owner . It was last painted in 1983 and the paint still looks beautiful, and the ol boy had it ziebarted from day one, so minimal rust

Back