missing window motor

CHS 67 Imperial

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, my 67 Imp Crown has been in the family since my grandfather bought it in late 67.
I am finally restoring the car.
The RH rear window never worked, as far as I can remember.
I was trying to trouble shoot today. After taking the door panel off, I realized the motor is gone. What the . . .
Always something.

There are actually a lot of these motors out there, most of them just need a little refurbishing to make them hum along for many years. Lots of threads on this site for removing the motor, and rebuilding them, courtesy of big John and others. Be careful on the install as danger lurks from the regulator arms. Just curious, is the window up? (if so, how is it held up?) Is it a 2 door? If so, it can be tricky to remove and reinstall because of lack of room to work in. I have quite a collection now of motors, if you cannot find, let me know. Any pics? Cam Shaft

4 door HT. The window is up. Looks like there is a small hex screw through the door panel and lower regulator arm keeping the window up, seen on the attached picture.
Fortunately, I do have a donor car. Hoping I have two good RH motors. I have read the window motor posts at least 6 or 7 times. Great information, but a daunting endeavor, especially putting everything back together.
I'm planning on making a paper template using the donor motor and use it to know exactly where to drill the holes on the panel to start.
I need to do the RH front as well, as the motor isn't working or even making noice. I know that one worked in the past, so at least the motor is in the door.

Inked20230417_1955272.jpg

For my 70 fury you can still get the originals but they are expensive and you have to send your core back to get a refund. I used the window motor from a 1985 Dodge truck for one of my rear regulators. It is plastic but it bolts in and is much faster speed than the original motors.
1660528249868-png.png

Back