Mopar Meetings in germany (pics)

fc7_plumcrazy

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been pretty busy lately.
The show season has started and two Mopar events have happened lately.

The first one was the german Moparshop season opener in Olfen end of april. That is in my local area the north-western part of germany (Ruhrgebiet).
A lot of C-Bodies attended as in the previous times. The Fuselage C-bodies around here outnumber the Slabsides usally.

The second show was in Stade, a small town not far away from Hamburg up in the north.
In that area the Slabs prevail clearly. Sometimes it is funny to see the differences in the local Mopar structure.

Both events had a round 150 Mopars attending.
The Moparshop opener is not organized and cars just park on the streets and around the shop.

Here are some pics. These are from the Moparshop Opener. I will ad pics from the other show later on.

Carsten

115.JPG
176.JPG
180.JPG
182.JPG
199.JPG

131.JPG
221.JPG

Love to see these pics, thanks for posting them up!:thumbsup:
The blue '66 300 is my favorite.

Wowza. Hard time narrowing down a favorite from that lot. Y'all got some nice rides over there!

Love to see these pics, thanks for posting them up!:thumbsup:
The blue '66 300 is my favorite.

Hi Matt,

here are a couple more pictures for you from the same car taken at a different meeting. It is an original paint&interieur car, a beautiful survivor.

636.JPG

637.JPG

638.JPG

Carsten

I might go so far as to say I would have ordered one just like it had I the chance. What a stunning automobile!

Thanks Carsten! You run into Klause at any of the shows you attend?

Unfortunatly not.
He travelled up to the german Mopar Nats once but never returned again.
The Fuselage show last year was in his neck of the woods but unfortunatly he didn't turn up as he was busy with his new house IIRC.

There aren't many American car Shows around in his area and no bigger ones at all.

Carsten

I thought about his big real estate endeavors of the recent past and I'm not surprised but I hope that changes once life settles down for him.

Thanks for sharing those photos. My favourite is the ivory '70 300 2-door.

Btw, any idea if any of those Fuselages were originally made for export? i.e. km/h speedo, and such. (I'm under the impression that the Chryslers were in vogue in Switzerland back in the day, but not so much in Germany. Correct me if I'm mistaken.)

Thanks for sharing those photos. My favourite is the ivory '70 300 2-door.

Btw, any idea if any of those Fuselages were originally made for export? i.e. km/h speedo, and such. (I'm under the impression that the Chryslers were in vogue in Switzerland back in the day, but not so much in Germany. Correct me if I'm mistaken.)

No, back in the day Chrysler Corp did not sell any cars officially in germany.
They were very active in many european countries like Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Scandinavia but the cars that got sold in germany were just a few "grey market" cars. So all the cars you see in the pics are 98% US imports. If there is a factory export car in germany it came from switzerland later on most of the times.

Carsten

Back