Mopar Nationals 2016 - Germany

We have a lot of C-Bodys but they are still less then A,B & E-Bodys. I think it was 1/4 C-Bodys at the nationals. Maybe there are that much around because we never had cars that big over here!? Their size is definitely something unusal in europe!

And sure, we have a lot of Chevy pickup rednecks and dentist sons and their mustangs as well ;)

Would you say Mopars are more popular than Ford and GM?

I'm usually not going to mixed meets so I don't really know but I think there are indeed more Ford and GM cars then mopars in Europe. But maybe some other european folks can say more about that! :)

A relatively staggering number of cars have made their way across the pond and it's fun to see you guys/gals enjoying them the way you do. Where's Klause these days???

A relatively staggering number of cars have made their way across the pond and it's fun to see you guys/gals enjoying them the way you do. Where's Klause these days???

Yeah.....he hasn't been on here lately.

Maybe he's with Ross. :poke:

Yeah but you don't sit on the fender.

This may offend some but I've never been accused of being shy.... the respect for the cars is not the same there as it is here

Well, let me see... How many times have I seen someone sitting on a C-body fender? A few, yes.

And how many times have I seen a C-body Demo Derbied here? Uhmm... Zero point zero I guess.

So yes, the respect for these cars is not the same here.

Sorry Dave, I'm not very shy either, LOL

Well, let me see... How many times have I seen someone sitting on a C-body fender? A few, yes.

And how many times have I seen a C-body Demo Derbied here? Uhmm... Zero point zero I guess.

So yes, the respect for these cars is not the same here.

Sorry Dave, I'm not very shy either, LOL

Bad argument, and a silly attempt. A derby guy has no love for the car he destroys. I wouldn't sit on my car, I've seen too many pictures and videos of how they're treated over there. Much like they were treated here when they were used cars...

They're .more than used cars to me

Bad argument

No, not really... My point, my friends, is that in every nation there are some who don't respect cars as they should. Most of us here in Europe do as most of you in NA do.

You just simply can't put one nation above the other.

Thanks Juilian.

BTW question for folks in Germany and the continent, or any others who may know.

I've seen and heard much about Mopars over there especially C bodies.

How well are the other makes represented as far as numbers of cars/shows over there?

Are Mopar C bodies the overall favorite or an also ran or about even with other makes / body styles ??

different from european country to country.
But all countrys have more GMs than Mopars.

Ford has the Mustang which is plentifull but if you overview it than the amount of Galaxies is probably less compared to full size Mopars in germany

But the Mopar following in germany is pretty good percentagewise in europe.

Carsten

We have a lot of C-Bodys but they are still less then A,B & E-Bodys. I think it was 1/4 C-Bodys at the nationals. Maybe there are that much around because we never had cars that big over here!? Their size is definitely something unusal in europe!

And sure, we have a lot of Chevy pickup rednecks and dentist sons and their mustangs as well ;)

Hi Julian,

around 30% of the cars at the Nats were C-bodies.
There are not many A-bodies around when you count them.
The amount of B-bodies is high

Carsten

different from european country to country.
But all countrys have more GMs than Mopars.

Ford has the Mustang which is plentifull but if you overview it than the amount of Galaxies is probably less compared to full size Mopars in germany

But the Mopar following in germany is pretty good percentagewise in europe.

Carsten

So among fulls sized cars Mopar C bodies are king !

Yessssssssss ... wait ... what?

Yeah but you don't sit on the fender.

the brown 300 is an all original paint unrestored low mileage car.
The owner, Pat -a great guy-, has it since many years and takes good care of it.

No man with a good car needs to be justified

Carsten

This may offend some but I've never been accused of being shy.... the respect for the cars is not the same there as it is here

How is the respect for C-bodies in the US?
In the last 20 years most of my B-&E-Body friends in the states saw them as engine donors. Is that respect?

How bout all the owners that did let them sit outside and rot into the ground? Their own car culture and heritage?

The demo derby guys are often Mopar guys, too.
They know exactly what they are doing

But they all have one thing in common. They are US americans.
The amount of americans who love C-bodies and treat them well is comparativly small in the US.

There is this board here full of enthusiasts for C-bodies. Compare the amount of members with FBBO ie. It is a small group.
And instead of sticking together -as a small group of enthusiasts should- you start a pissing each other contest.

Carsten

I remember this car (with '78 M & B-body wheels) being discussed here when it was in California.
046-mopar-nationals-2016-germany-jpg.88070

And I see the point I would have made... More C-bodies at the German Nats than in the US... Has already be made. I certainly don't have a problem sending them to other parts of the world. We do stupid things like this:
magnum_force_c_body_mopar_suspension7.jpg

To cars that used to look like this:
upload_2016-8-12_21-41-2.png

Back