MTSC - 1966, Volume 66-7 Convertible Service Rag Top Adjustment Tutorial Video

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I finally found a tutorial on how to adjust the convertible top for our C-bodies.
It covers the Coronet but the frame, linkage & adjustments are identical.

I finally know what the term "Setting the Stack Height" means!!!
MTSC - 1966, Volume 66-7 Convertible Service

Thanks for finding this! Bookmarked the link for future reference.

Ok, so I finally got to the point where I could take advantage of this video.
Watched it about 6 times then went for it with the help of one of the neighbours.

The top frame must not have been lined up when the top was previously replaced because now the top frame fits perfectly but the top is now looking a bit like a wrinkled up garbage bag look to it.
I did have the top off totally when replacing the floors & trunk pan a few years back but it always had alignment issues from the time I had bought the car.
I'll see what I can do to stretch it out but the top itself in near the end of it's life anyways.

The video covers everything other than the main frame adjustment mentioned at the end of the video but is very accurate & applies to our c body soft tops quite closely.
There were no surprises to doing this compared to the video other than my frame had more alignment indicators at the rear cam adjustment & 2 less bolts foe the header frame clamping area.

Just have the windows in good alignment and the same rolled up height for the side glass front to back & you can go from there.

Since this is the first time for both of us it took about 2.5-3 hours to complete the adjustments going in slow to make sure that we were going in the right direction which included going in the wrong direction a few times just for practice:lol:

Back