Murray park !!!

Murray has little patience for guys price hunting or guys making vague inquiries.
I email Murray with sensible specifics after I have done MY homework. Included in my email is my CC#, and my address. I get a reply in a day or two, and it goes out on his next weekly shipment.
No problems ever with him over many years. He's not Amazon. He is not Summit. He is not your researcher.
Where it makes sense that a picture is required, he's given those to me, too.

Let's face it Stan we for the most part are cheap c body owners and have no choice but to shop around.
If we could afford it we would be driving fully restored chargers

I've purchased from Murray and payed premium $$$$ only to find the same used if not in better condition parts for much less amongst ourselves here.
I'm not trying to diss' Murray.
All proper auto dismantlers charge big bucks but it doesn't mean he can shut us down or shut off any replies if we shop around or ask for a better price than what he demands because he may believe that he is the only supplier in the USA and sets the price accordingly
It is good that we have a source for parts

I'm glad that original poster here is a happy customer
That's all....

Any advice on actually talking to Murray? Or having him respond back? Jesus Christ, I've called him countless times seeking parts and have NEVER spoken to him nor EVER received a reply back,whether phone,email,etc. What the hell gives??
I got one email back saying that he would check for the parts that I included in an itemized and very specific list. That was over a year ago. I'm not buying into the hype. I've had far better experiences with people on eBay and, of course, this website. He seems like your average parts seller to me.

If you guys didn't know....

This c-body thing is a hobby for Murray. He has a real day job that he works every day.

It is just him and his wife doing all work on the parts business.

Murray is just a passionate c-body guy that has taken it to a level NONE OF US will ever achieve and he helps everyone that he can.

Murray even took the time to meet up with us at the historic C-body rally at Carlisle last year and participated in the group picture.

I never go to Carlisle without stopping by his booth and shaking handz and giving Mindy ah hug and HI-HO to the two little onez that aint so little anymore. Been dealing with Murray since he waz ah teenager. ONE STRAIGHT SHOOTER and it iz my honor to call him friend, Jer

Last edited:
Murray's vendor tent was my first stop last year at Carlisle. He had the window, reg. and track rollers for my rear qtr. window at home. Murray also found a nice condition donor radio for stereo conversion. Packaged everything very well and had it in week.
Email and text worked fine for communication

I did email and phone message for very specific stuff. Never got an answer or price. Couldn't haggle. That was over a year ago. He is free to be the way he is. I have been lucky and he isn't the only unicorn dealer

Murray is now in the full time C body business. Last year at Carlisle he let us know he was so busy with the parts thing he quit his day job

Murray is a great guy to deal with. I can't say enough good about him. He now has an on-line store on his website. It is not finished yet but you can order parts and get a total without shipping. Paying on line and calculating shipping will be coming. Right now, you just have to wait for an email from him after you place your order. I currently have some parts on my way from Murray, some from his on line store and others he had to take off a car.

A few of you like Dave (polara71) have known me for a few decades and know that I sold parts at Carlisle for about 15 years with 2015 being the last year that I was a vendor at Carlisle. I sold mostly C Body parts, ignition modules and solid state voltage regulators.

Murray would buy things from me every year and I started to bring parts for his personal C Body projects. Murray is a C Body guy and has several. Murray was always fair with me and when I stopped vending in 2015, I sold Murray a lot of the remaining NOS C Body parts that I had (some of which I see for sale on his on line store) as I wanted them to be accessible to us C Body faithful.

Some of you may know that the folks at Carlisle asked Murray to pick a best C Body for a special award from Carlisle. Murray talked to several C Body owners including myself to see what we thought was the best C Body at the show. I think this says a lot about the man. Having sold parts on a part time basis for many years it is a tremendous amount of work so if Murray does not get back to you, give him a break and follow-up with him. I have found email works great for getting in touch with Murray.

Bill

I got a set of buckets seats from Murray 8 years ago, I called him and it took a few times before we spoke together. He had some he said, told him it would take some time for me to gather the money, he was cool with that and I sent him $100 deposit in the spring, fast forward to the Nats that year and I met him and paid him the balance. He said he'd have to get boxes to ship the seats so it might take a couple weeks. I called a month or so later, yep, got them just been busy. Cool. They showed up another 3-4 weeks, but I didn't care as he had told me they weren't going to be overnight. He was always apologetic when I called. They are still sitting in their boxes waiting to get recovered (hopefully this year) as I finally got a center console to complete the swap from a bench seat. Only thing I thought was weird is the seat pattern, doesn't look like my thing I've ever seen in a 66 Polara, but as they are getting redone I can fix that. I'd deal with Murray any day.

Back