My 1970 Imperial

Did you overtighten the belt??:poke:
I not even touched it Peter, I fired the car up and than she was running for a few minutes and I turned around and the antifreeze was pouring out.
Ya I think the belt was too tight because the bearing is okay.

IMG_4492.JPG
IMG_4491.JPG
IMG_4490.JPG
IMG_4489.JPG

Be a devil and use the road wheels. You can always put the hubcaps back later. She's looking great.
Ya I like the road wheel look also, I think the car stands way better with road wheels I have 255/70/15 on the back and 235/70/15 on the front.

IMG_4709.JPG
IMG_4707.JPG
IMG_4705.JPG
IMG_4704.JPG
IMG_4710.JPG
The weather was alright today and I used the opportunity to drive the Imperial for his first time after more than 15years. The Imperial performed pretty good after sitting for so long.
I noticed that I have to replace the rear axel bearings.

Great looking with the road wheels. It is unbelievable how road wheels change the personality of a car . It will be a love it or hate it addition to the car by many on this board. The white letters will also create a disturbance in the force

Beautiful Imperial, great score, that green interior looks fantastic. I had one bearing go bad in my '67's rear, must be all or most of the 90 weight, drains out of the bearings from sitting for so long. Not that big a deal. Good luck with her.

The bearings have grease, none of the differential "oil" gets to the wheel bearings.
It's my presumption that after years of sitting the grease dries out from lack of use

Great looking with the road wheels. It is unbelievable how road wheels change the personality of a car . It will be a love it or hate it addition to the car by many on this board. The white letters will also create a disturbance in the force
Ya like the look also how the car stands now imo is way better looking now than the original Hubcaps

Back