My 68 Monaco 500

From Wikipedia, not sure of source....

"In Canada, the Monaco name was finally applied for '67 to all of the premium full-sized Dodge products (sedans, coupes, and station wagons), replacing the Polara 880 at the top of the Dodge line. Taking the Monaco's place as a premium full-size model was the Monaco 500, which was available only as a two-door hardtop and convertible."

Also note how the A pillar emblems on the hardtop moved to the rear quarter on the 68 ragtop...
P1000114.jpg
P1000115.jpg

P1000114.jpg

P1000115.jpg

So the Monaco got the block MONACO letters and the base trim the 500 got the rocker moldings front to rear...? The 383 4barrel and the 440 cars got the engine call outs towards the front of the fender?

The 67's got the 500 emblems near the headlights ?

I think that is correct.

I'm wondering if the front fenders of the car were changed out at one point. Any evidence that the car was ever hit in front?

No.
But I will have a closer look tomorrow.
Is it possible that these holes are for mounting the wide body trim? Trim was not with car when I got it.
I will take a picture tomorrow and let everyone see the holes.

The location of those holes will tell the tale.

The holes have told the tale!
The drivers side fender on my car is NOT original.
The drivers side fender is the one with the 12 holes for the emblem, it also doesn't have holes for the wide body trim, the opposite side does,as well as the rest of the car.
I have learned something new about my car.

Thanks to everyone.

Now, on with the restoration!

Back