My 71 New Yorker mild custom.

Furious

Reaction score
Hi Everyone. I just signed up on here. Thought I would share a few pictures of my car. Its a 71 New Yorker that I personalized. Stared life as an oddly optioned car. I have the build sheet which shows manual windows, no A/C, and radio delete. It was optioned with heavy duty suspension, tinted glass, bucket seats with passenger recliner and thats about it.
I removed all the side mouldings and emblems, added 1970 300 grille, taillights and side mirror, painted it with Roth Sublime metal flake with 70's style fading, lace, flames, fish scales etc in Alsa candy. The wheels are Supremes.

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_5061.JPG

Hello From Cow Town! That's quite the paint work! Whereabouts are you in Canuckland?

I like the wheels and tires. They would look good on virtually any C-Body, I think.

Not my flavor, but very tastefully done. She’s beautiful. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum..

I like it. Some serious flake in that paint.

Good custom paint work always beats the crap out of the flat black cars.

Welcome! Thanks for the pics. Very cool car! I am old enough to remember those candy and metal flake paint jobs. Nicely done.

Sharp! Not only do I remember all the metal flake paint jobs, but don't for get that metal flake plastic-like upholstery that was used for the interiors - and pipe organ speakers, dinkle balls around the windows, the little doggy with the bobbing head in the back window, Sparkomatic radios with Jensen speakers in the door panels, and Cherry Bomb glass packs.

i like everything about your ride. from the stance, the wheels, the thin white walls, the short fender skirts to the paint. very cool ride.

The pictures look like the train museum in Cranbrook to me. The chain link fence, the rail cars and the antenna behind the train.

View attachment 209330

Dang! You are good! And dang! That is one nice car! I can only imagine the amount of attention it receives. Welcome from another '71 New Yorker coupe owner. Mine's a little worse for wear. There's a mint one in Calgary as well. Was the interior customized too?

Last edited:
Back