My cousin's race car.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It's not Mopar but he has put years of work into this car, building it entirely himself from the engine to the frame. The paint job is amazing but it broke the budget for this year and won't be able to race it until next year. The car is really a piece of art, the engine is 565 displacement putting out 1145.4 HP, on the dyno, naturally aspirated.

DSC_3089.jpgDSC_3106 (2).jpg

Here is a link to the rest of the photos. https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=f35e...pub=SDX.Photos&sff=1&authkey=!AP1sABnbm5TL4TA

DSC_3089.jpg

DSC_3106 (2).jpg

I will admit I am new to racing, so excuse my ignorance. He plans on racing in a time bracket class, so he is not maxing out the engine every run. He has yet to have even one run yet. He is a perfectionist and never ran the car without paint, so no numbers yet.

Last edited:
With that hp its gotta be quicker than 8s

It takes a lot of Test and Tuning, great atmospheric conditions, and other factors to get in the 7's. This car has never been on the track and I believe he said his Cousin won't make full power run's.

I will admit I am new to racing, so excuse my ignorance. He plans on racing in a time bracket class, so he is not maxing out the engine every run. He has yet to have even one run yet. He is a perfectionist and never ran the car without paint, so no numbers yet.

What is the weight of the car with your Cousin in it? I can pretty much zero in to the hundredth of the car's potential for ET and MPH. It's normally aspirated correct? Does he plan on running index racing classes? Maybe 8.50 or 8.90 Index class? Does he have a delay box hooked up?

It takes a lot of Test and Tuning, great atmospheric conditions, and other factors to get in the 7's. This car has never been on the track and I believe he said his Cousin won't make full power run's.

I guess we'll find out next year

1978 NYB;110906} What is the weight of the car with your Cousin in it? I can pretty much zero in to the hundredth of the car's potential for ET and MPH. It's normally aspirated correct? Does he plan on running index racing classes? Maybe 8.50 or 8.90 Index class? Does he have a delay box hooked up?[/QUOTE said:
Bob I'll ask him for more info I am pretty sure he has a delay box hooked up. To be honest he was taking way over my head about several things on the car.

I guess we'll find out next year

Dave is correct no runs this year.

OK, ask him what class he's going to run. That'll clear up a lot of questions too.

That's a Hell of a car, beautiful!

Wow, bad & beautiful. I don't know how he can wait till next year. Trails has two or three test & tune nights left. Make a pass.....

Here is the low down from an e-mail I got from my cousin.

The chassis is certified to 6 seconds (SFI 25.1e), which means we could run it in Top Sportsman if so inclined, but we probably don't have enough motor. Our original intention was to run in Super Gas, which is probably what we'll do. That's a 9.90 category. The car is probably capable of mid 7s. We're about to scale it. With driver it has to weigh at least 2150 lbs. Top Sportsman is 2350 lbs. We're thinking it weighs about 2200 lbs.

Ross he is all about the build and basically ran out of money to complete over the years, he is retired and his wife is a school teacher. There are several items on the car which he has 3 brand new items, but they expired before he could ever use them. That is the case this year, after the paint went way over budget and they held his car until he paid them, he couldn't afford to pay for the expired items to take it to the track. It was those "Ohio" flames that cost him the chance to race it this year.

Here is the low down from an e-mail I got from my cousin.

The chassis is certified to 6 seconds (SFI 25.1e), which means we could run it in Top Sportsman if so inclined, but we probably don't have enough motor. Our original intention was to run in Super Gas, which is probably what we'll do. That's a 9.90 category. The car is probably capable of mid 7s. We're about to scale it. With driver it has to weigh at least 2150 lbs. Top Sportsman is 2350 lbs. We're thinking it weighs about 2200 lbs.

Ross he is all about the build and basically ran out of money to complete over the years, he is retired and his wife is a school teacher. There are several items on the car which he has 3 brand new items, but they expired before he could ever use them. That is the case this year, after the paint went way over budget and they held his car until he paid them, he couldn't afford to pay for the expired items to take it to the track. It was those "Ohio" flames that cost him the chance to race it this year.

Yep, need to run 6.80's to be competitive in Top Sportsman......my next favorite class after ProMod. Just need a BIG nitrous shot to get there and add a little more weight. The minimum weight for a big block nitrous car is 2450.

Back