My D440 project

this is my 60 d100 with 68-70 b body r/e and 285/70x15 , swapped to the top of the springs , had to add some springs to the package . i put 315/6ox15 on it .they just fit . there big tires man , lol .
DSC03708.JPG
DSC03712.JPG
DSC03274.JPG

the noise is a four bar and cross steering with a mopar steering box .
DSC04068.JPG
DSC04067.JPG
DSC03266.JPG
DSC03264.JPG
DSC03267.JPG
4'' tube dropped axle , and coil overs . its low for a driver . headers are home builds . the 315 are on the rear here .

boss , was a term used . and bitchin was used as well . back when a snowflake fell from the sky . lol . bob it should run well once i get the power train assembled , this p/u is just used parts mostly , stuff hanging out here and there , bought a garage of some from a guy moving , couple rb's and a bunch of la and l engine parts . but in this mess of stuff was a burnt down 440mh lower end . hole in a piston and scared cylinders , it got a stroked crank in it , and all arp lower end fasteners , measures to a 468 , got a 3.9 stroke crank in it , block was bored to big , got hot and cooked it , but the block and pistons are replaced with a 71 issue 440 rb , so that my lower end , a 468 rb with a 6pck . but that might change to this other motor i've been playing with , blown 383 on lps . i'm just thinking mind you . but it would be cooler than a 468 n 6pck , lol . what do you guys think ?
DSC03436.JPG
DSC03434.JPG
DSC03745.JPG

I absolutely love it. That's so old school. Used & swap meet parts. It's as much fun building as it is driving. Good stuff.

talent just ate enough today , bucks make the world revolve , lol . but it fun trying to get it done with less , can be a challenge . good thing i collected parts and stuff to build with , could have had some good times drinking those bucks away , lol . did enough of that . so yes i'm talented and have more ideas then bucks . well at least i can keep my idle mind dreaming up whats next . and figgering out how to build it . got a bunch of equipment as well , but i need to set up shop . mill , big swing lathe , tig . mig , drill press , horizontal saw , band saw , sheet shear , sheet break , belt sander , grinders , cabinet full of tooling , ect .....no chink stuff here . and i'm still making parts with a drill press , cutoff saw and welder n grinders , well at least i've got them , lol . i'll get it sorted out , lol . well thats how i built this hot rod , sawall will travel , lol .
DSC03442.JPG

Last edited:
you know we could be talking this over on fortrucksonly.com , which i'm a member . but today the site wasn't up and running , hope more members here tries to check it out . its one of joey's sites . it set up for all brands , dodge jeep fargo , lol . he also included the other makes , in this site . its still down , bob and the rest of you would dig it , not with a shovel or anything like that . its from the 60's i think , it means you'd like it . right bob , lol . sorry bob i'm just sick in da head that way . lol . key'p da rubb'r syd down n da polish'd syd up . hamm'r down burn'n rubb'r al da wey .

Yea I do need to check that site out. I'm on 3 Dodge truck groups now though. I can't keep up with all this.
I've been known to fab parts for a car. And sometimes tools.

you know we could be talking this over on fortrucksonly.com , which i'm a member . but today the site wasn't up and running , hope more members here tries to check it out . its one of joey's sites . it set up for all brands , dodge jeep fargo , lol . he also included the other makes , in this site . its still down , bob and the rest of you would dig it , not with a shovel or anything like that . its from the 60's i think , it means you'd like it . right bob , lol . sorry bob i'm just sick in da head that way . lol . key'p da rubb'r syd down n da polish'd syd up . hamm'r down burn'n rubb'r al da wey .
Site worked for me today.

IMG_8212.JPG
This afternoon I had time to get the bumper hitch installed on the D440. Mainly just to move trailers around & haul my utility trailer with it. Nice little addition to the hot rod truck

well thats okay , a little little duty , bob . my 64d100 reciever type just under the bumper , but were is the bumper ? its wrecked and i must straighten it out again . and this d200 has a state made one and bumper . it too will get a reciever type cut in .

DSC06663.JPG

DSC07925.JPG

I took a class V receiver off an 84 Ram to use on my 72. Should have taken more off that truck before I sent it to the scrapper.

bob , it took years of training , but now what , lol . i was hoping to have a cool time , just building hotrods and restoring stuff through my retired years . mine 61 now , 62 in oct . start my retirement ssi and then report to NO F.......N ONE , but me and the customers can go do it them selves . and after they screw it all up . then bring it to me to fix , cha ching . got a sign on the door of my office that says '' NO WHINERS , IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE , YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THE WORK YOURSELF '' . says it all doesn't it . i'll bend over backward for most of my customers , but i won't bend over for them , lol .

i've been building my hitches for years , from some other package , the one on my 64 d100 is from a late model truck . just need the components i'll make it fit . the shop and truck sales have been an enginnering deg , build for loads and then some . i try to break it first off . if it takes it thats cool , but if shows signs of weakness , back to the drawing board you might say . tear it out and redo it . most of the time is so hd it never gives me any issues . the one on my 64 d100 , has had the trailer hit at 25 mph with the truck trailer parked , it broke the tunge off the reciever with the ball still attached and with the trailer still attached slammed it into my stock bumper , bent that bumper into a 'u' shape . bumper saved my tailgate . but never hurt my hitch .

DSC06663.JPG

IMG_9379.JPG
Got the driveshaft safety loop installed today. Now the only thing left is to get a good working carb in it. I have a decent looking Carter AFB (looks like an Edelbrock). I may let my carb guru work his magic on it & try it. Hopefully some test passes are in the near future

Back