My first ever race at Fayetteville Motorsport Park

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Fayetteville, NC. Looking forward to a good run today. Pretty nice track

image.jpg

New track blues. Lost 1st round. We were allowed only 1time run. Car ran a 8.60. I missed the tree so in round 1 I got up on the wheel. Dialed a 8.60 expecting to drive the stripe. Cut a 009. Opponent 285 got down to the striped looked for him. He was way back. Let off gas thinking I had the win. Crossed stripe 1st & broke out by 8 thou. Unbelievable. Looks like my 60 ft is were I gained the et. So to the buy back window I go

Well in got down to 7 cars. A Duster got me in round 5. There was only 3 Mopars. Myself, the Duster & a 72/3 Challenger. Those 2 are in the finals. First time at the track. Not too shabby

Nice job Bob even with the buy back, meanwhile I was busy putting the cooing system back together on my truck and adjusting the clutch.

Have you ran any 1/4 mile tracks?

Yes just 2 weeks ago. Car ran 13.6 & got down to 6 cars that day. Going back this Saturday. Virginia Motorsports Park. Their final race of the season & it's a qtr mile. Then it's off to Kinston Dragway in eastern, NC on Sunday for an 1/8 miler. I have a rain check for that track. After this weekend I will likely put the car away till next March

I need to move someplace warmer.

the humidity here on the southern east areas is horrible in the summer. I have been here my whole life. I always have had trouble breathing in it. So I prefer fall. Spring is bad because of all the pine tree pollen. I actually have considered moving north. Some of my buds from the north kid me & say I want last the first winter. They are probably right. I have become a candy tail in recent years

Yes just 2 weeks ago. Car ran 13.6 & got down to 6 cars that day. Going back this Saturday. Virginia Motorsports Park. Their final race of the season & it's a qtr mile. Then it's off to Kinston Dragway in eastern, NC on Sunday for an 1/8 miler. I have a rain check for that track. After this weekend I will likely put the car away till next March

Very cool!

Did you ever go VMS when the NorthEast Outlaw ProMod Association raced? They are running the 1/4 in the 5.80's and some are hitting 250+mph. They usually run there once or twice a year.

http://www.neoutlawpromods.com/

Very cool!

Did you ever go VMS when the NorthEast Outlaw ProMod Association raced? They are running the 1/4 in the 5.80's and some are hitting 250+mph. They usually run there once or twice a year.

http://www.neoutlawpromods.com/

No pretty much the only races I go to are the one's i am racing in. Lots of times they are running Pro Mods or Gear Jammers or some exciting class , but I don't get to watch much because they call us to the lanes. So I am usually busy. I do love watching that stuff

Back