My latest personal battle...

excellent post Bob.............nice to see another person who bleeds red, white and blue. The problem is a mix of things IMO, to include the legislators, lowlifes who are able to work but won't, quacks who help them fill in applications for SSI and the working public who says they care but are 'too busy' to do anything about this. My take: if you do nothing or make excuses, you agree with it.

As far as I am concerned we have 536 bums in Washington and about 275 million around the rest of the country. Truth is, the want bodies to fulfill their political goals but when it comes time to take care of them they make every excuse in the book......take the ptsd issues, for example.

NOBODY SHOULD GET BETTER HEALTHCARE THAN OUR VETS - NOT EVEN THE PRES OR LEGISLATURE. When the public decides they want this hand-in-the-cookie-jar bullsh*t to stop, it will........if not, it will continue to worsen.

Well written.. I retired from the military after 20+ years, then " early retired" from civilian police dept after 10 and now going on 10 years on my third retirement...... Once I can start collecting on the PD retirement and the third retirement the three of them combined will barely get us through... I thought we could be OK with the promised pension and lifetime medical from the military, but that has been nicely eroded and picked away by our government to the point I think it will soon be gone..... So much for the promises of retirement, education and medical that helped keep us putting up with the BS, 16+ hour days and repeated overseas shipments.. Shoulda just gone on the dole like half the other people I grew up with in northern Michigan.

Back