My new `67 Imperial Crown Coupe!

I installed that exact same setup on Jezebelle, (69 300), that I removed from a 69 300 parts car. Without the vacuum reservoir the engine has to be running to release the trunk latch.

I installed that exact same setup on Jezebelle, (69 300), that I removed from a 69 300 parts car. Without the vacuum reservoir the engine has to be running to release the trunk latch.
And you really only get one pop after you turn the car off but it’s a very satisfying one.:D

What are you asking for your other one,, Matt?
@Xenon
Your inbox is full and as it turns out at the moment I don’t have the vacuum mechanism/latch set just a couple of electric units.

After putting around 30k miles on this car since I’ve owned it I’ve certainly noticed that the driveline parts that I haven’t gone through yet had been feeling tired so at the beginning of this season I figured it was time to do a fluid and filter change in the trans. This car had always had a smooth and crisp shifting trans that I’m sure had been modified with a shift kit at some point and I was hoping to regain some of that so I Got a good gasket, a new filter and a case of fluid and did the job. I drained the converter and tightened the bands too. I was surprised at how loose the 1st reverse band was and just hoped that this would get me through to the point when I pull the engine back out to rebuild the bottom end which I know it also needs. In the pan was the normal residue I was expecting but also a couple of soggy flakes of what was probably friction material from the clutches but I put it back together and hoped for the best. The good news is that there was a really nice improvement in performance but the bad news is that it was accompanied by a new noise once warm, kind of a high pitched buzz or wuring that’s intermittent but mostly there wether in gear or not and moving or stopped. It was at that point that I was having the trans for the Mobile Director rebuilt by my buddy and I had the newly acquired trans from the parts car that I decided to have rebuilt as well for this car ready and waiting. My buddy thinks the noise is probably some of that friction material is hung up in the pump and thought it probably wasn’t anything more than an annoyance and that I should just keep driving it until I’m ready to swap it out. I haven’t been driving it as much this year partially because of this noise but also because I’ve been wanting to put more miles on my Challenger which I haven’t been driving enough since completely rebuilding it’s drivetrain. The Challenger needed to be driven more and we’ve both benefited from it, in fact so has the Imperial.:)

I finally got Imp #1 out of winter storage this year not 2 weeks ago as I have missed having it around and driving it. A friend tied in with the Detroit Historical Museum announced a companion show to this years Concours D’Elegance which was at the DIA across Woodward for its first time in Detroit proper. I thought it would be fun to have an Imperial there instead of the Challenger and I was not wrong. It was in great company with a friends beautiful ‘68. First off was a good cleaning and some detail work inside and out.(yes hose;)
We had a great day at both the Concours and the Historical Museum almost in the heart of downtown Detroit. :thumbsup:
7A52887D-F9AA-4EF1-834C-B68194586F0B.jpeg
CC8761DD-3E11-48CD-84E4-1A695B04D3AF.jpeg
336CF598-9F4E-4B86-BAC7-B4AEF4E8C583.jpeg

My friend who owns the ‘68 sent me this shot.
90118655-9C8C-4EC7-B27A-8ACA2FA07FFD.jpeg

Great mini photo essay of the 67 & 68 together! I could stare at them for hours...

Back