My new '67 imperial lebaron

78Brougham

"Chump"
Reaction score
Hi All, I just picked up this '67 Imperial LeBaron in Scranton, PA over the weeekend. It's an older restoration but has been well kept in heated storage for some years. The front seats have a bit of the leather cracking but tolerable. The rears are in very good shape. Just a good cleaning and a little TLC and she'll be back in great shape. What do you think?

I has it on the lift to change the oil and found the idler arm to be bad. Has anyone any ideas on where to get one... aside from the $389.00 one from Advanced Auto. A Moog K7014 is supposed to be a viable alternative but no quite an exact fit. Anybody here tried one?
Thanks for you help.
Kenny

IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2752.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2757.JPG

IMG_2758.JPG

Resampled_2013-11-10_16-07-30_723.jpg

Very nice! Can't say I've seen that upholstery on a '67 before? No a.c. Or has it just been removed?

Very nice! Can't say I've seen that upholstery on a '67 before? No a.c. Or has it just been removed?

Thanks!!! No AC from the factory!!! I couldn't believe it either being a LeBaron... At first I was a little disappointed it didn't have it.. but then i thought of all the trouble I have with the ac on my 78 NYB and figured who cares LOL!!! sometimes ac is more trouble than its worth.

Great Car!
Wow Really clean, you might try some Swissvax conditioner on the leather. I have had really good luck with it. I had a leather interior that the leather was hard and dried out, put Swissvax conditioner on it covered it in black trash bags so I could drive it. The bags held the moisture in and in 3 or 4 weeks the leather was soft again. I just kept adding conditioner as long as the leather would absorb it. Your interior is in pretty nice shape so you would not need anything as intensive as I did but the product seems to work well on almost any level.

That's a really nice car. You should go over to imperialclub.org, and the Yahoo! Group for Imperial owners. They're not as active as this group, but for specific Imperial information, they can't be beat.

I think you'll find that the idler arm is one of those parts that is just expensive. There's quite a bit of talk about it, and the consensus seems to be that you should bite the bullet and buy it. And make sure to keep it lubed so you don't have to buy it again!

call p s t for that arm theres a chance they have it.
and i agree you can love that leather back to life with mink oil or whatever

p s t is performance suspension technology. p-s-t.com

they are good guys. and on this board. and mention us and you get a discount. and as a bonus they may have your idle arm.

call em they are some good dudes.

- saylor

I just talked to them about my tie rods. You do, in fact get a discount. Their catalog doesn't show an idler arm, but then again it doesn't show a master cylinder, either, and they stock it.

I've been putting Connolly Hide food on the seats, let it sit in the sun with the windows closed and they've been coming back to life! Just too bad they already age cracked. I'll deal with it. One day I guess I'll have to have them replaced. At least the seat portion anyway. I don't know how hard it would be to replicate the backs. They look pretty good for now though.

I went on Imperial club. Thats where I got some different reviews about the idler arm. I'll just see if anyone else has some opinions before I pull the trigger on that $389 one. Its in the process of being registered Antique right now so I'm not in any big hurry.

Very classy and awesome find buddy. The front seats look great in the pictures .. just a little patina. Drive and enjoy

I went with the Moog 7014 on the idler arm.The $400 was not available either, so I ordered t the moog. When I looked at them side by side before I installed it, they were virtually the same. Maybe that's why they never tooled up to make the original...Who knows...We'll see how it handles.

The car developed a small leak from the carb. It's a Holley. Damn FSM, doesn't show the Holley 4bbl. Anyway, I'm need the accelerator pump. It seems to have developed pin holes in the diaphragm and started to drip on the intake. Any thoughts on what carb it is, and where to get a pump? I hate to have to see the snot-nosed kid at auto zone. "My computer doesn't go back that far"

I went with the Moog 7014 on the idler arm.The $400 was not available either, so I ordered t the moog. When I looked at them side by side before I installed it, they were virtually the same. Maybe that's why they never tooled up to make the original...Who knows...We'll see how it handles.
That's good to know. How much was the Moog part, if you don't mind me asking?

Got some new "sneakers" for the LeBaron... I finally got rid of the G78-15's that were on the car when i got it. I found some nice 1 inch whitewalls at my local tire store Champiro 75's 107 apiece
IMG_3190.JPGIMG_3192.JPG

Looks way better now than with snow tires on! LOL

IMG_3190.JPG

IMG_3192.JPG

Back