My new arrival!

I have been hinting or teasing that there is a new addiction....er addition to the CBarge fleet.
Well yes I bought another car!
1967 Dodge Monaco 500
Not just any Monaco..an L code 440 Magnum car that has all the options I ever dreamed of- except AC.
Members here may remember this car from this thread:
SOLD - 1967 Dodge Monaco 500 - 440 Magnum
He did sell the car to the gentleman whom I bought it from.
I had the car shipped from Vancouver BC to Toronto Ontario.
From there, I picked her up and drove the 3 hours back to the shop.
This deal has been in the works and a roller coaster ride since August.
Now that she is actually in my possesion I can show the world!

View attachment 565794
Very nice car. Killer interior. I like the tach on the console, and the back seat, similar to the b body Plymouth GTX, and Satellite. Mopar rocks.

Good name. Glad you didn't name her Monaco Lewinsky! :rofl:
That would leave a bad taste in someone’s mouth

0ED0D2CC-7886-4CF9-BC63-D74B3EE256D3.jpeg

Last edited:
Great car, congrats! Looks pretty good for a start, can’t wait to see it cleaned up.

Lovely Lovely Congrats to you Sir!:thumbsup::canada:

Glad you and Grace are safely home. Just don't put Kelly tires on Grace.... lol...

Clever Ross, but for fun I'll have to disagree because I've been told that one of Grace Kelly's personal cars was a '64 to '66 Imperial convertible. Many decades ago I sold a set of front brake drums to a guy who claimed that he was restoring the car.

Jeff

Clever Ross, but for fun I'll have to disagree because I've been told that one of Grace Kelly's personal cars was a '64 to '66 Imperial convertible. Many decades ago I sold a set of front brake drums to a guy who claimed that he was restoring the car.

Jeff
Lol! Clever, yes (a matter of opinion perhaps), but as well, th typical KELLY RWLs would look hideous on that car!

Nice! Thank you for sharing the story and providing a "travelogue" showing the pickup and drive home. It is always fascinating to see what things people take along to bring their baby home. It would be fun to start a check-list of what is commonly needed. Battery, points, distributor cap, rotor, couple of used plugs, 2 of the longest wires from old set you had laying around, vise grips, hammer, fluids, flashlight, zip-ties, fix-a-flat, deep-woods-off, band-aids, starting fluid, bible, etc...

DH23L79316151 could not have found a better owner. Congrats @cbarge ! You really have an amazing fleet :thumbsup:

I said before, the BoaB was my first and last nut and bolt restoration.
Grace is a turn key car where body, paint, and all major mechanicals are done.
Now I just have to make her mine.
Congrats! Now the real question is will we see her at Volo this year…?

What a great score Lea. Quite a rare one too, with just 153 Canadian L codes built? Wow.
Your vids made it clear how excited you were when you first saw the 500 when you arrived.
Such a nice gem to add to your stable.
Congrats!

Congrats! Now the real question is will we see her at Volo this year…?
Not sure yet. Money is tight after buying the Monaco. If gas comes down in price I will hsve to see if I will go.

Back