My new arrival!

I'll aim to bring my '67 to Moparfest next year. Is Moparfest typically attended by FCBO people?

(looks like we both need a new windshield fluid reservoir)
Yes typically there is about half a dozen of us or more. No desnigated parking so we usually meet for breakfast, then enter the show and park together.

How’s your front bumper?
I have a NOS 67 Dodge front bumper. Arrow straight. Little shelf wear.
The chrome in general is in very good condition for a western car. Will take a closer look this week!

Beautiful ride! I remember seeing Charles Phoenix do a little video on this when it was here in my neck of the woods. Sure love the 67-68 C Body fast tops! My next one after the New Yorker will have to be a 67 / 68 Newport or a 68 300 2DHT!

Congrats on a great find, that's probably as good as it gets for a 67 Monaco in every way. Colour combo, running gear, options, condition, etc. Very nice.

Beautiful ride! I remember seeing Charles Phoenix do a little video on this when it was here in my neck of the woods. Sure love the 67-68 C Body fast tops! My next one after the New Yorker will have to be a 67 / 68 Newport or a 68 300 2DHT!
Yes he did! At the 5 minute mark...

Luckily I have spare electronic voltage limiters.
Eventually I will be pulling instrument panel out anyways to repair the clock and change out the burnt bulbs.
The vacuum operated rear vent switch is broken and the vacuum lines behind the dash were left open and hanging causing an engine vacuum leak that was almost like a dead miss.
I capped the tee for it at the manifold and checked the vacuum reading and adjusted the idle mixture screws.
Now runs better in gear at idle and starts up much easier.

Took Grace for a spin down the back country roads..
Yep..Sure Grip works! 2 tire marks!
Tags are there and although barely legible it is a 3.23 Sure Grip!

20221108_123408.jpg

20221108_123357.jpg

The timing is usually bad for me is the problem. But I’m hoping to bring Regina FQ3 next year — she has a C VON, and @Fratzog could bring Nessie for family photos. Maybe he could even convince Peter to bring his DY3. And @polaratherapy could bring Ellie May.
That's a super nice car you got there Cbarge, see you at Moparfest, Ellie May will be there!

The gumbers natching AFB was running rich.
Screws were almost all the way in.
Vacuum is at 18 inches after adjustments.
Throttle is crisp no flat spots and no bog.
BOOHHHAAWW!
Grace got snap!
Still room for improvement as I had not checked the timing or read the plugs yet.

20221108_133329.jpg

Pics of the lower quarters.
Older repairs that are holding up nicely.
This car was well loved and cared for.

20221108_123018_Burst01.jpg

20221108_123008.jpg

I gotta say it almost brings a tear to my eye. My wife and I poured a ton of time and energy into this fine machine. This car was my therapy after a health scare and there was no better car to be found to devote time and attention to. I am so happy "Betty" (blue)....I mean "Grace" has gone to a gentleman who realized a dream of having a car like this and then to this wonderful home in Ontario. I so appreciate the call the other day and hope she lives up to expectations. Thumbs up to all you C Body diehards.

I like Betty Blue! She is in good hands.
Love to dig into her history.
But first have to dig into the dash!
Thanks for taking my call.
The car is my Unicorn..or my personal holy grail of a slab C body.
She is everything I ever wanted.
2dr fastop. Check
Buckets floor shift console..Check
Tilt tele steering wheel....check
440 Magnum..Check
Disc brakes..Check
3.23 SureGrip..check
Power windows...check!
Its like I pre-ordered the car before I was born! Ima 68 model myself.lol

Spring is here!
During the winter months, I have been busy gathering parts and literature for this gem of a Monaco.

20230411_210033.jpg

Also delved into one of the electrical issues that the previous owner disclosed.
Horn no honky..
New relay...it honks...and does NOT shut off!
Using my test light I moved the tilt/tele up and down and the test light went on/off.
So the horn button wire is getting contact in the column.
The wiring going up the column has been hacked, butt connectors at the base.
I need a turn signal switch since the left brake lights not working and left signal cancel cam is broken.

20230411_210015.jpg

Here is a couple "before" pics of the engine bay.
The big 440 runs very well but looks worse than my daily driver.
I have the correct steel fuel lines and date coded fuel filter as the rubber ones going over the valve cover I do not trust.
Carb was rebuilt and works well.
It just needs a cosmetic cleaning.
I am getting 18 inches of vacuum at 800 Rpm.
I have the correct HP spark plug wires, washer jug, pump,and hoses.
New battery cables and hold down going on and some underhood decals.
I will be getting Evan's Engine wire harness eventually. I see too many hacked wires for my liking.
Getting the correct turquiose engine paint on its way too.

20230411_210006.jpg

20230411_210315.jpg

Back