Name that girl

#1,300 Shelley Long

We beat this "girl" up pretty good so we'll wrap up early.

After a stint with Second City in Chicago, she got her big break on Cheers TV show as Diane Chambers in 1982.

Cheers was a very successful show, and she won/nominated for a bunch of awards for her work, ran for 11 years and 275 episodes tho Shelley left after first five years to go do movies.

Her role in that show was replaced by a new character played by Kirstie Alley. Both women played the role differently but well to me, but were inevitably compared to each other in the role.

Shelley's "Diane" character seemed IMHO to be the bigger "fish out of water" foil to the womanizing Sam Malone (Ted Danson) character vs. Kirstie's "Rebecca" character.

Shelley did not have mega hits as a big screen star: she did the Money Pit with Tom Hanks, Troop Beverly Hills, and even would wind up playing Carol Brady in two big screen reboots of the late 60's Brady Bunch TV show.

Even had recurring role on Modern Family (our girl Vergara's show). Still working but seems to be mostly "retired" now.

UntitledEE2ccc12812H.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812A.png
UntitledEE2ccc123L.png
UntitledEE2ccc123F.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812Z.png
1652438617500.png
UntitledEE2ccc123N.png

Last edited:
Anyone feeling covered up by a large piece of granite ... naming this girl is about he best person I can think of to test the "rock" hypothesis .... :poke:

Age 47 now. Actor and related jobs.

Age 7 below, virtually exactly when she was in a supporting role in one of the biggest Hollywood movies .. ever .. in the history of movies. Inflation adjusted, it would probably be in the top 5 to 10 grossing movies in world-wide box office receipts.

40 years later, she's obviously older but really hasnt "changed" that much.

That's it .. answer tomorrow.

1652467021320.png
1652466898368.png

UntitledEE2ccc123F.png

Last edited:
They're heeerrre....
And she's still a butterball.

hey boss .. I think you might have the right girl but maybe not the right role for her ?

The "they're here" girl died young (like age 12 or something). They were both in the movies at the same time ... big movies as the director was having good year., and both of them were born in 1975. So a lotta similarities there.

See what you think if you agree?

:thumbsup:

Damn that sun's bright!
I knew who she was, but I don't think I saw the movie that you are referring to. I'll be going back under my rock now.

Underhand pitch to say the least!

I personally don't like her, and can't watch her movies. Can't pinpoint it, but I always turn the channel.

Underhand pitch to say the least!

I personally don't like her, and can't watch her movies. Can't pinpoint it, but I always turn the channel.
yeah, i gotta "girl" like that. famous, rich, attractive, lotta folks dig her ..blah, blah..

seems like a decent enough person ..but i cant watch her stuff (probably cuz she specializes in roles of characters Id never hang with?).

we'll do a game on her here soon ... see if i'm by myself on her.

:)

Miss Barrymore.
#1,324 Drew Barrymore

She was "Gertie" in E.T. The Extraterrestrial ... and then she was off. Lost her way it seemed for a while (wild child in her 20's), but has worked steadily since she was a little girl. Produces, writes, etc.....

1652487505764.png

UntitledEE2ccc123N.png
1652487303008.png
UntitledEE2ccc123F.png
UntitledEE2ccc123L.png
UntitledEE2ccc12812A.png

Back