Name that girl

#1,547 Lucille Ball.

We sometimes forget she was also the "Lu" in Desilu Studios. She and Desi Arnaz owed it 50/50 until Lucy bought HIM out in 1962 after their divorce in 1960.

Lucy was running the joint when SHE greenlit the original Star Trek (the Kirk, Spock, McCoy one - photo below with Spock is shopped). Oh yeah, Mannix, Untouchables, and Mission Impossible TV shows too.

This doesn't include many of the familiar TV shows that rented the Desilu production facilities for those separate production companies (The Real McCoys, Hogan's Heroes, Andy Griffith Show, That Girl, My Favorite Martian and many others).

All this from a "woman" and an "immigrant" in an era were that was not common. Her and Desi .. the original "power couple" .. in the 1950's.

Lucy sold Desilu in 1968, to what later became Paramount Television, for $17M ($138M in 2022 money).

An interesting person worth studying if you get a bit of time.

If nobody puts a game up I will start another one tomorrow.

map-1pp-png.png

map 1PPP00.png
map 1PPP0.png
map 1PPP.png
map 1PPP000.png
ScreenShot2022-03-21At71226Pm.png
map 1PPP!.png

tmVjB-1468340229-995-blog-Header.jpg
star-trek-desilu.jpg

Age 57 now. Entertainer/singer. Goes by one-name professionally. Performing since 1975.

Born in Europe or North America. Literally depends on what street her birthplace was on.

First I confess I have NO idea who this lady is from this picture as an 11 year old. She is, however a commercially successful artist. She had sold the equivalent of nearly 6 million "records" world wide. that ain't hay. has been on world tours too.

Apparently has tremendous vocal range, but also an eclectic/alternative style that I can't get with. I ain't throwin' shade .. just saying she's not on my personal playlists.

So what. Millions of people love her work. That's all that matters.

Clues are vague but quite illuminating though are intended to cause us to think.

I think this one is easy after you pin down where she is from or you recognize the face. Harder, if like me, you are not a fan.

map 1JJ.png

Got it with the clues. I was watching MTV when she first made it, I liked her first few hits, haven't heard anything from her since.

I actually got this one after a little searching.

Couldn't tell you a single song she sings though...

Now I'm back under the rock. I think I've heard the name, but I had no idea who he/she/it was, or what they did.

I got it from the picture and her age. Ironically it looks like she has liked birds all her life, based on a crazy dress she wore at an awards show.

#1,562 Björk

Singer, born in Iceland.

The Europe or North America thing was a clue. Iceland is on the mid-Atlantic ridge, where European tectonic plate is spreading apart from the North American plate. You can literally stand on both continents at once.

"lceland" is green and beautiful btw. "Greenland", the BIG island nearby, is anything but.

Iceland plus one-named singer, and she pops right up. Some people knew her by face. Yes, at nearly 60, the "eyes" still have it.

I will sympathize with any "cave dwellers" on this lady. I never even HEARD of her till 2011.

That was when my then early 20-something daughters made me go the movie "Sucker Punch." There was an odd song in that movie that I thought was some made up, parody thing. No, it was Björk with her 1995 commercial release Army of Me.

I don't get the movie, don't get the song (5M YouTube views tho), don't get her music. Can't name a single thing other than that movie song she has done. People love her though.

1673617078932.png

If nobody posts another, I will put up another girl - super easy one - Saturday morning EST :)

I got one. In the music biz. Can't really think of any clues that won't give it away. I'll just say from the NY music scene. Probably pretty easy for most of us.
324787447_494205242852719_7379863074425531463_n.jpg

Got her. Had to work on it though because she was just another pretty face in that job.

I didn't cheat by using the photo. I did have to craft a "keyword" search to find her.

Yes, the hair color then vs. when I came to know her .. heck that's also a clue too. Clever one. :)

She was second on my list using two clues, but I didn't think it was her, so I looked up the photo.

#1,562 Björk

Singer, born in Iceland.

The Europe or North America thing was a clue. Iceland is on the mid-Atlantic ridge, where European tectonic plate is spreading apart from the North American plate. You can literally stand on both continents at once.

"lceland" is green and beautiful btw. "Greenland", the BIG island nearby, is anything but.

Iceland plus one-named singer, and she pops right up. Some people knew her by face. Yes, at nearly 60, the "eyes" still have it.

I will sympathize with any "cave dwellers" on this lady. I never even HEARD of her till 2011.

That was when my then early 20-something daughters made me go the movie "Sucker Punch." There was an odd song in that movie that I thought was some made up, parody thing. No, it was Björk with her 1995 commercial release Army of Me.

I don't get the movie, don't get the song (5M YouTube views tho), don't get her music. Can't name a single thing other than that movie song she has done. People love her though.

View attachment 575898

If nobody posts another, I will put up another girl - super easy one - Saturday morning EST :)

Ah, no wonder I had no idea: never listened to her, never have even seen her on a talk show.

Back