Name that girl

Ah, no wonder I had no idea: never listened to her, never have even seen her on a talk show.

i promised "harder" -- that usually starts with somebody I know LITTLE about. other than cheating, I try to solve it first to test difficult it is WITHOUT cheating (google lensing the younger photo and she'd pop up .. no sport in that).

with Björk the clues was the way I thought to go, the photo only a confirmation of a guess made beforehand. other folks recognized her directly so it ws easy for them.

@azblackhemi's game going on right now challenged me. didn't know the lady ever had a job like that, did not recognize her face either. some folks picked her up right away.

then, once I found her with some noodlin', it turned out I knew her well in her life AFTER that image of the younger version. then i found the pic to confirm.

Last edited:
I got one. In the music biz. Can't really think of any clues that won't give it away. I'll just say from the NY music scene. Probably pretty easy for most of us.
View attachment 575953
I would have never gotten this one from the picture, I also didn't know she had been a Playboy bunny. At least I do know who she is, and her music.

Sorry I forgot that since I started this one I have to finish it. Most of you got it but for the record post 1573 is Deborah Harry of "Blondie".
R.jpg

HA!!

What was that film she was in with James Woods? Really weird. Ah, Videodrome! "Open up for me."

She would have been 80 years old today. Singer. Texas girl.

Blazed through the music heavens like a meteor and burned out just as fast. Then she was gone.

She was part of the musical influence of a generation, way back then, and even now (today's entertainers who say she influenced them).

Still in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

I believe this one is super easy.

janis-joplin-childhood-26.jpg

That must have been an easy one, even I got it!
I'm going to get sun burned out here without my rock.

One of the late silent generation members, on the heels of the beatnik era, to rally the younger boomers into their hippy years....

#1,589. Janis Joplin. Died October 1970.

I think it was "easy" because she was/is such an iconic artist. Description/circumstances of her short life alone might have been enough. Didn't need a photo.

janis-joplin-childhood-26-jpg.jpg

Phillips-66AB.jpg
Resized952021040995112500.jpg
Resized952021040995112500 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Age 36 now. Entertainer. American. At the business since 2001, goes by a stage name professionally since 2008. Changes her stage looks/fashions continuously.

Sings, dances, acts .. even plays piano. Same age group as my daughters .. only reason I know her is because my two daughters followed her from the time she made it big in the mid late 2000's.

She's GREAT big now .. professionally that is.

Grammys, Oscar, BAFTA, Golden Globe, MTV awards, record Twitter following, world tours, etc. and so on. Almost 200 million records sold, and one of the biggest money making singers of all time.

I came to know her better very recently in a Hollywood remake of a 70's melodrama of the same name, as in one of same name in 1954, and the original one in 1937.

I saw the 70's one when I was in high school on a double date. Dragged by a double date to the recent one as well. Then a few years ago, I saw her on an awards show playing piano for real, singing with her co-star, who I didn't even know could sing for real.

Their duet won awards. Only song I know by name of hers.

She really is quite talented -- that's why she's big I think.

Answer after the weekend.

map 1PP.jpg

Got it from the picture and age. Not my cup of tea, but a talented and hard working lady.

Had to cheat, but then recognized the face once I found it. Not a fan, but she is talented!

Back