Need help finding 75 NYB rocker panel trim

75LandYacht

Yank Tank
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Hello all .. Would like everyone's help on locating the driver side rocker panel stainless steel trim piece pictured. This accident occurred in October of last year. The body work has been repaired, I replaced the beltline molding. However I desperately need the rocker panel piece pictured. Or if anyone knows of a place that can restore it for me, I would be up for that as well.. Thanks in advance for your guidance and help.

I'll bet that's aluminum and not stainless. That could make it more fixable.

Have you tried Murry Park?

I'll bet that's aluminum and not stainless. That could make it more fixable.

Have you tried Murry Park?

I have called and emailed him so many times.... I lost count, no answer or replys.

I had a local guy here that use to do that kind of work back in the day, he said it stainless and that since he gave up that kind of work long ago that he couldn't tell me what it would cost to fix it..

Id rather fix the OE part if I could.. Know anyone / place that does that kind of work?

I think the industry last used SS trim was with the '57 Eldorado. lol

Gotta get it fixed either way. She looks OFF with that missing piece. I think this "Advance Custom Chrome" is the place to do it for me. We'll see when he calls me back.

Keep us posted as to how it turns out.

Well " barnfind" and the others were right, it's anodized aluminum. Chris, from "Advanced Custom Chrome" stated that because it was aluminum it would not be cost-effective to repair. So he gave me some information on locations stateside that may have an OE replacement. He also mentioned Carlisle.. Since in going there.. We'll see.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll keep you posted once I have more to go on.

Have you got some good pics of it? Off the car that is.

What color is the bottom? It looks like the standard argent color in the pic.

We might be able to help you patch that one up until you find another.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Have you got some good pics of it? Off the car that is.

What color is the bottom? It looks like the standard argent color in the pic.

We might be able to help you patch that one up until you find another.

I certainly do Big John.. Apologize for the multiple pics.. Big thumbs while uploading.

I don't know what the finish is on the bottom half. From these pics, it looks like a brushed aluminum finish. That will be hard to duplicate.

I would keep looking for a new one. For the time being, I would straighten as much of the wrinkle out and put a piece of silver colored tape over it. It will look like crap up close, but it's low on the car at least.

My suggestion is this: take it to a good auto body man. Have hin straighten the torn area closed. Ask him his opinion to putty the area, refinish it and spray it to match the brushed look. It will be painted to match the same as before. If you are confident in your abilities you can do this yourself. Years ago my '59 Imperial had pot metal "spears" behind the rear wheels. Every piece I found were in bad shape. I found a man to remake them from stainless steel. The car has stainless before and after that piece and it made no sense but I'm happy I did that 25 years ago.

Back