Need new cap for a Champion radiator.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I need a new cap for my Champion radiator.
Searched everywhere on the internet for what Stant, or equivalent, cap will work.
Couldn't find any mention of replacement caps. Nothing. Nada.
So what do I say to the knucklehead at AutoZone when he says: Uhhhh... Make? Model? Year? Engine? (in litres of course)?

The original Champion cap is GARBAGE, BTW. Don't even use it.

Commando. Go to your local Mopar Dealership and buy an 18lb radiator cap from them. That's one of two thingz I will not buy from Auto Zone or Napa or anywhere else 'cept ah Chrysler Dealership PERIOD. The other "widget" iz a thermostat for anything Made by Mother Mopar. The Irony? Both those widget's are manufactured now in Mexico to Chrysler spec's and nothin' else out there anywhere regardless of who made it will do the job az well, and it won't upset your retirement. Jer

Commando. Go to your local Mopar Dealership and buy an 18lb radiator cap from them. That's one of two thingz I will not buy from Auto Zone or Napa or anywhere else 'cept ah Chrysler Dealership PERIOD. The other "widget" iz a thermostat for anything Made by Mother Mopar. The Irony? Both those widget's are manufactured now in Mexico to Chrysler spec's and nothin' else out there anywhere regardless of who made it will do the job az well, and it won't upset your retirement. Jer
Yes, Jer, but will it fit a Champion radiator?
I'm not looking for recommendations for a quality cap. Just the size/style. Caps have different sizes/styles, correct?

radiatorcaps.jpg

Last edited:
Go to pic-a-part in your area and snag one from the Chrysler (2000s LH, minivan, etc.) section that has a good rubber seal.

This is going nowhere. :p
Moving on.

Which would you use?
Stant #10229 (13psi) or...
Stant #10230 (16 psi) or..
Stant #10231 (also 16).

Last edited:
Just an FYI I picked up 2 Mopar caps....$50 ea cost....weird thing is the box had champions name on it think - i will check after work

Yes, Jer, but will it fit a Champion radiator?
I'm not looking for recommendations for a quality cap. Just the size/style. Caps have different sizes/styles, correct?

View attachment 135077
FIT AH CHAMPION? O.K. I just want 'um to run and stay cool Pal and I don't care what it takez or lookz like WITHIN LIMITZ and we all know I row with one ore. I'll crawl back under the porch now. Pie hole iz zipped

Last edited:
Sorry Stan guess the American flag threw me off on these caps thinking Champion was involved but for your info here you go

IMG_8076.JPG
IMG_8077.JPG
IMG_8078.JPG

Last edited:
The champion caps are garbage aren't they?!?

Stan you just peeked my interest. Had to go look. The factory 16Ibs cap on the Newport does fit! The radiator is out of a '75 coronet though.

IMG_1780.JPG
IMG_1781.JPG

Back