Need to find 68 newport windshield gasket that accepts chrome

Biggredd2069

Reaction score
Trying to get my windshield replaced through insurance. Naturally there is always a hitch for me. Could use a new windshield gasket but the only ones they can provide won't accept the chrome I have around the windshield. They said they can use whatever I want to buy if I bring it in, they just don't have the means to purchase the proper one. Anyone know a reasonable place to buy that gasket that accepts chrome? It's frustrating searching. No I don't want a valiant or a Nova gasket.

Trying to get my windshield replaced through insurance. Naturally there is always a hitch for me. Could use a new windshield gasket but the only ones they can provide won't accept the chrome I have around the windshield. They said they can use whatever I want to buy if I bring it in, they just don't have the means to purchase the proper one. Anyone know a reasonable place to buy that gasket that accepts chrome? It's frustrating searching. No I don't want a valiant or a Nova gasket.
Try Murray Park, he had new ones for my ‘67 Imp.

I talked to murry park. He said the shop didn't know what they were talking about and that the chrome is separate from the gasket. But safe lite now says they don't have any gasket available period nationwide so I gotta call my insurance

Convertible and 4 door hardtop share same windshield gasket.
They are out there,I know.
I agree with Murray,the shop is full if ****.
Must be thinking of old Dodge trucks where the chrome DOES goe onto the gasket.
Your moldings are clipped onto the body over the gasket--not ON the gasket.

Try a different glass shop..One that handles older cars more often.
Or a restoration shop that may have connections you can tap.
I did not keep the part number off my gasket,sorry.
Oh,try Nigel up at National Moparts..
National Moparts

Steele rubber products have them. They are the expensive ones on E- bay
It is about $100 more than the 4 door gasket.

make sure your installer follow the directions on this sheet or it will leak. They will tell you they have done thousands of windshields and they know what they are doing. These aren’t the same installation as they do on trucks.
325CA717-D032-424D-821C-90705A220927.jpeg

Thanks. I'll print this up. Insurance said I can order any one and they'll reimburse me. Although when I search for steele rubber gasket Chrysler newport nothing pulls up on eBay

Last edited:
It is the only game in town I found for the fastop at that time. I looked off and on for about 5 years before I pulled the trigger.
As I said above it is about $100 more than the 4 doors version.

Back